The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Ioana Ciolacu Miron
(1982-11-21) 21 November 1982
|Education||London College of Fashion University of the Arts London University of Architecture|
|Awards||Designer for Tomorrow 2013|
Ioana Ciolacu Miron (/i'wanʌ tʃɔ'lɑkʊ/; born November 21, 1982) is a Romanian fashion designer. She received a Designer for Tomorrow Award from Stella McCartney, and has founded her own sustainable fashion Ioana Ciolacu label.
Ciolacu was born in Iași, Romania. An only child, her father is an architect. As a young girl, Ciolacu spent her summers in Focșani and in the Romanian countryside. In 1992, she enrolled at the Iași Waldorf School, where she got her love for nature, strong ethics and developed her art drive. After graduation from high school, she enrolled at Ion Mincu University of Architecture and Urbanism, Bucharest where she specialized in Architecture. While in her 5th year of study she decided to switch her career path by enrolling at Bucharest National University of Arts, while continuing to study Architecture. She graduated in 2010 as a Junior architect and in 2011 as a Fashion designer.
While in school, Ciolacu won the European Fashion Award FASH Berlin. Right after graduation, she began working as a design assistant for landscape artist and photographer Katja Perrey at the National University of Arts. In this period, Ciolacu also developed her first ready-to-wear line with a great local commercial success. In 2012, she received a Rector's Scholarship at University of the Arts London, London College of Fashion and moved to London to study for a master's degree in Fashion Design and Technology - Womenswear. While in school, she won the Designer for Tomorrow Award, patroned by Stella McCartney, followed by a year of mentorship in which she was coached by the designer in her London studios or backstage at the designer's Paris show. After graduating in 2013, she moved back to Bucharest and launched her own fashion label. In the summer of 2014 she first presented her Spring Summer 2015 collection at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Berlin and in the same year she showed her collection twice at trade fair Who's Next Paris and started selling her collection on Moda Operandi and Peek&Cloppenburg international retailers. In the following year she attended Who's Next Paris for the third time and Ciff Copenhagen with her Autumn Winter 2015-2016 collection which was presented at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Berlin. In 2015 Vogue.com introduced Ioana's Autumn Winter 2015–2016 in their list as one of the reference collection for the season  while she released her diffusion line which promotes conscious fashion through fabric recycling and encourages local craftsmanship.
In April 2015, Ciolacu opened her online shop and launched her SS15 video campaign, called Lure. Directed by Anton and Damian Groves and produced by Studioset, the video won several awards at the Miami Fashion Film Festival.
in 2016 Ciolacu develops an ethical knitwear line that comes to add up to the brand ethos regarding ethical trade and sustainability. Made in collaboration with Kraftmade, the line supports local craftsmanship and wool trade.
Ciolacu has received the following awards and nominations:
Awarded Best Designer at Romanian Design Week Awards 2018 
Nominated for Best Designer at the 2016 Elle Style Awards.
Awarded Best Designer of the Year at the 2015 Beau Monde Awards.
Awarded Design Award by The One 10 Years of Inspiration.
Awarded Sponsorship Award by 2014 Who's Next The Future of Fashion.
Awarded Best Young Designer 2nd Place 2010 European Fashion Awards.
- "LCF Student wins Designer For Tomorrow". LCF Blog. Retrieved 2015-03-17.
- "Ioana C. Miron". Designer-for-tomorrow. Retrieved 2015-03-17.
- "RTW Spring 2015 Ioana Ciolacu". wwd.com. Women's Wear Daily.
- "Romanian designer Ioana Ciolacu to present catwalk show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Berlin". Business Review. July 21, 2014.
- "Ioana Ciolacu Berlin Fall 2016". www.vogue.com. Vogue.
- "Going Graphic". Style.com. Retrieved 2015-10-07.
- "MBFWB". Mbfashionweek.com. Retrieved 2015-10-07.
- "III diffusion line by Ioana Ciolacu". Blackwhitestyle.ro. Retrieved 2015-10-07.
- "Designer-News: Ioana Ciolacu launcht einen Onlineshop | ELLE". Elle.de. Retrieved 2015-10-07.
- Miami Fashion Film Festival
- Marasoiu, Diana (2016-11-08). ""La Strada", filmul lui Federico Fellini, inspira noua colectie a Ioanei Ciolacu". Harper's Bazaar Romania. Retrieved 2017-01-29.
- "RDW Awards". dialogtextil.ro.
- "Elle Style Awards 2015". Elle.ro.
- "Gala The ONE 10 Years of Inspiration: câştigătoarele". One.ro. Retrieved 2015-03-17.
- "The Future Of Fashion |". Dazeddigital.com. 2015-02-01. Retrieved 2015-03-17.
- "Designer for Tomorrow Hall of Fame". Designer-for-tomorrow. Retrieved 2015-03-17.
- "Stiftung der Deutschen Bekleidungsindustrie - FASH 2011". Sdbi.de. Retrieved 2015-03-17.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Ioana Ciolacu; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.