The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Leader of the Czech Pirate Party|
2 April 2016
|Preceded by||Lukáš Černohorský|
7 October 2013 – 6 June 2014
|Succeeded by||Lukáš Černohorský|
24 October 2009 – 25 June 2013
|Preceded by||Kamil Horký|
|Member of the Chamber of Deputies|
21 October 2017
|Born|| (1980-03-20) 20 March 1980
Jablonec nad Nisou,
(then the Czechoslovakia)
|Political party||Czech Pirate Party|
Lydie Franka Bartošová
|Alma mater||Charles University|
Ivan Bartoš (born 20 March 1980) is a Czech software architect, civil rights activist, politician and a member of the Chamber of Deputies of the Czech Republic since October 2017. He has been the chairman of the Czech Pirate Party since 2016, previously holding the title between 2009 and 2014. He also serves as the chairman of the Committee on Public Administration and Regional Development since November 2017.
Ivan Bartoš was born on 20 March 1980 in Jablonec nad Nisou, an industrial town in northern Bohemia, then Czechoslovakia. He studied information studies and librarianship at the Faculty of Arts, Charles University in Prague and participated in a student exchange program at the University of New Orleans. Subsequently, Bartoš worked in the IT industry and was elected chairman of the Pirate Party in October 2009.
Bartoš was the party's leading candidate again in legislative elections in 2013. The party won 2.66% of the vote, not reaching the 5% electoral threshold. Bartoš was the Pirates' leading candidate for the 2014 European Parliament election, but the party narrowly missed the 5% electoral threshold, receiving 4.78% of the vote. In June 2014, Bartoš resigned as party leader. Bartoš was elected party chairman again in 2016 and led the Pirates into the 2017 legislative elections, taking 10.8% of the national vote to become the third largest party in the Chamber of Deputies, with 22 out of 200 seats.
Bartoš was re-elected as party leader in 2018 and led the party's campaign for the 2018 local elections, where the leading Pirate candidate in Prague, Zdeněk Hřib, was elected Mayor of Prague. In 2019, Bartoš campaigned for the European Parliament election in support of the Pirate Party list and lead candidate Marcel Kolaja. The party gained 13.95% of the vote and entered the European Parliament with three MEPs.
In January 2020, Bartoš was re-elected as party leader. In December 2020, he became the lead candidate of the electoral coalition of the Pirate Party and Mayors and Independents (STAN) for the 2021 Czech legislative election and was re-elected.
Personal life and views
He is a member of the Czechoslovak Hussite Church, and has been married since 2015. He has supported anti-fascist events and is a pacifist. Bartoš participates in "do it yourself" culture, plays accordion, and played church organ during his youth.
- "Předsedou Pirátské strany byl zvolen Ivan Bartoš". lidovky.cz (in Czech). Lidové noviny. 25 October 2009.
- Czech election: Billionaire Babis wins by large margin. BBC News. Published on 22 October 2017.
- "PhDr. Ivan Bartos, Ph.D." psp.cz. Poslanecká sněmovna Parlamentu České republiky.
- "Pirate Party 24.-25. October 2009 meeting resolution".
- "Elections to the Chamber of Deputies of the Parliament of the Czech Republic held on 28 – 29 May 2010". volby.cz. Czech Statistical Office.
- "Výsledky voleb 2013". Aktuálně.cz (in Czech). 19 October 2013.
- "Přehled výsledků: Nejvíc preferenčních hlasů dostal Jiří Pospíšil, druhý je Keller". data.blog.ihned.cz (in Czech). Hospodářské noviny. 26 May 2014.
- "Předseda České pirátské strany Bartoš rezignoval". zpravy.aktualne.cz (in Czech). Aktuálně.cz. 6 June 2014.
- Elections to the European Parliament held on the territory of the Czech Republic on 24 – 25 May 2019. Czech Statistical Office.
- "Lídrem koalice Pirátů a STAN má být Ivan Bartoš". ČT24 (in Czech). 14 December 2020. Retrieved 20 March 2021.
- Sedlák, Jan (23 January 2017). "Cíl je změna. Prostředek je politika, říká šéf pirátů". jablonecky.denik.cz (in Czech).
- Černá, Monika (17 October 2017). "Kompro na Bartoše? Ano, byl jsem na demonstracích. A nestydím se za to, vzkazuje šéf Pirátů". eurozpravy.cz. Retrieved 17 October 2017.
- Bohuslavová, Renáta (10 October 2017). "Předseda Pirátů Bartoš: Nejsme vítači migrantů a jít do vlády se nebojíme". novinky.cz (in Czech). Novinky.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Ivan Bartoš; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.