The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Jc Caylen at the 2014 VidCon
|Born||Justin Caylen Castillo
(1992-09-11) September 11, 1992
|Occupation||YouTuber and comedian|
|Subscribers||6.9 million subscribers (combined)
(December 8, 2018)
|Total views||710 million views (combined)
(March 6, 2019)
Justin Caylen Castillo (born September 11, 1992) is an American YouTube personality from San Antonio, Texas. Over his eight years on YouTube, Caylen has amassed over 2.9 million subscribers on his personal YouTube channel and 3.6 million subscribers on his channel KianandJc with close friend Kian Lawley, as well as over 450 million views on his videos.
Early life and education
Caylen was born in Houston, Texas. He and his family moved to San Antonio, Texas, where he grew up. He has three siblings; Jaylyn, Ava Grace and Joe Felix. His parents divorced when he was very young. Caylen attended high school at Sandra Day O'Connor High School in Helotes, Texas. He briefly attended The University of Texas at San Antonio before dropping out to focus on his YouTube career.
Caylen began his career on YouTube, uploading his first public video to his channel, Life with Jc, in 2010. Caylen also gained exposure due to the YouTube supergroup Our2ndLife where he, Connor Franta, Ricky Dillon, Kian Lawley, Trevor Moran and Sam Pottorff went on an international tour and amassed a total 2.7 million subscribers before the group broke up in December 2014.
In 2015, Caylen's compilation album Neptones hit number one on the Top Dance/rap Albums chart, according to Billboard Magazine, the album was from Heard Well, a record label started by YouTube user Connor Franta, CAA new Agent Andrew Graham and entrepreneur Jeremy Wineberg.
In addition to his YouTube career, Caylen also has appeared as an actor in several films and television series. In an interview with AOL, Caylen stated about his YouTube presence affecting his acting career, saying "I'd say that it's impacted my career so much because people see my personality on YouTube and they want to work with me more.. It's almost like a video resume because I have my own personality on YouTube and since I don't play a character, they can see who I am and what I'm about. I feel like they know me on a personal level and know what I will be like to work with." Caylen played Mikey in the 2016 Tyler Perry comedy Boo! A Madea Halloween, and its 2017 sequel, Boo 2! A Madea Halloween.
|2014||Teen Wolf||Unnamed background character||Episode: "More Bad Than Good"|
|2016||Making Moves||Himself||Episode: "The Name Part 2"|
|2016||The YouTube Killer||Himself||Short film|
|2016||Fight of the Living Dead: Experiment 88||Himself||Reality web series,survived|
|2017||[email protected]||Sean||18 episodes|
|2017||H8ters||Himself / Zweeb / Gui Spice||10 episodes|
|2017||Apologies In Advance with Andrea Russett||Himself||Episode: "JC Caylen"|
|2018||Escape the Night||Himself as The Hippie||Reality web series,2 episodes|
|2016||Boo! A Madea Halloween||Mikey|
|2017||Party Boat||Officer Hicks||Crackle film|
|2017||Boo 2! A Madea Halloween||Mikey|
- "Jc Caylen - O'Connor High". Twitter. Retrieved September 8, 2016.
- "JC Caylen - UTSA". Twitter. Retrieved April 24, 2018.
- Spangler, Todd. "JennXPenn, Connor Franta and Other YouTube and Vine Stars Featured in Fullscreen's First In-Real-Life Festival". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved December 25, 2014.
- McCall, Malorie (December 17, 2015). "YouTuber Jc Caylen on His Compilation Album Hitting No. 1 ('Whoa!') & Making His Own Music". Billboard Magazine. Retrieved November 27, 2016.
- "Social star Jc Caylen dishes about his Outside Lands experience". AOL. August 10, 2016. Retrieved November 27, 2016.
- "Tyler Perry Will Wear Dress Again in 'Boo! A Madea Halloween'". TheWrap. Retrieved April 7, 2016.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article JC Caylen; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.