The image is from Wikipedia Commons
James Di Pasquale
Pasquale was born on April 7, 1941 in Chicago to Hugo and Lucille (née Ciccone) Di Pasquale, James Di Pasquale is a graduate of St. Mel's High School in Chicago. He graduated from Northwestern University and the Manhattan School of Music. His teachers included David Diamond and Ludmila Uhlela.
In 1984, he served as the Organizing Chairman and first President of the Society of Composers and Lyricists. He also served as a member of the Board of Governors of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences and on the Writer’s Advisory Committee at the American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers (ASCAP).
Music for television
He wrote the musical scores to made-for-TV movies such as: Sarah T. – Portrait of a Teenage Alcoholic (1975), Fantasies (1982), Two of a Kind (1982), Quarterback Princess (1983), The Shell Seekers (1989), The Killing Mind (1991), Runaway Father (1991), In the Best Interest of the Children (1992), Seduction: Three Tales from the "Inner Sanctum" (1992); and television series such as: Columbo, Lou Grant, Switch, Hawaii Five-O, McClain's Law, Chicago Story, Cutter to Houston and Trauma Center.
Music for films
His compositions for the concert hall include:
- Sonata for tenor saxophone and piano
- Quartet for trumpet, tenor saxophone, viola, and cello
- Symphony in one movement
- In Absentia: Elegy for Stan Getz
- Monologia for solo horn (for Dale Clevenger, principal horn of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra)
- Interplay and Showing Great Restraint (for Chicago Current, a jazz–fusion ensemble of Chicago Symphony players.)
He has also worked as a record producer. His credits include:
- With You, I'm Born Again (Billy Preston and Syreeta), a top five single
- Glider (Auracle), a top ten jazz album
He married Donna McNeely in 1995. They were divorced in 2003. One son, Marco James Di Pasquale, was born in 1998.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article James Di Pasquale; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.