The image is from Wikipedia Commons
James Mackenzie (actor)
|Born|| (1979-05-15) 15 May 1979
|Alma mater||Queen Margaret University College|
|Occupation||Actor and game show host|
|Years active||1995 – present|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
James Mackenzie (born 15 May 1979) is a Scottish actor and game show host, best known for playing the original lead role in the children's game show Raven. His titular character's catchphrase on the show was "Let the challenge... Begin." He has also played Gary Trenton in the BBC Scotland soap opera River City.
Mackenzie was born in Dundee and has lived in Scotland all his life. He was educated at Queen Margaret University College, where he studied acting. He is the son of actor Michael Mackenzie, who in the 1970s played the title role of Tarot in Ace of Wands, a cult children's TV series of the time; Mackenzie Sr. also made several appearances in Raven: The Island as Cyrus.
His television career has mainly focused on the Raven series, but he has also appeared in several other television programmes, such as Rebus, Taggart, CBBC series Dani's House and Scotland soap opera River City. His stage career over the years has spanned everything from Macbeth to pantomime. His voice can also be heard on many commercial voiceovers. Mackenzie toured the UK with Dundee Rep's production of Sunshine on Leith, a musical based on the songs of the Proclaimers, starring alongside The Lord of the Rings' Billy Boyd.
|2017–present||Raven of Old|
|2006||Still Game||Leader of the Neds|
|2006||Raven: The Island||Raven|
|2007||Raven: The Secret Temple||Raven|
|2009||Raven: The Dragon's Eye||Raven|
|2015–2017||River City||Gary Trenton|
|2018–||Molly and Mack||James|
- "James Mackenzie". Retrieved 27 November 2007.
- "The Spotlight: JAMES MACKENZIE". Archived from the original on 6 July 2015. Retrieved 19 September 2007.
- "James Mackenzie |Brennan Artists". Retrieved 27 November 2017.
- "Billy Boyd Interview with The Proclaimers". Retrieved 27 November 2017.
- "CBBC Episode Listing". Retrieved 6 September 2009.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article James Mackenzie (actor); it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.