The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Jay Phillip McGraw
(1979-09-12) September 12, 1979
Wichita County, Texas, U.S.
|Alma mater||University of Texas
Southern Methodist University
|Occupation||Television producer, Author|
|Spouse(s)||Erica Dahm (m. 2006)|
|Parent(s)||Dr. Phil McGraw
Jay Phillip McGraw (born September 12, 1979) is an American writer and television producer. He has written several books aimed at young people and is president and CEO of Stage 29 Productions. He is the son of celebrity doctor Dr. Phil McGraw and has appeared on and served as executive producer on his father's television show Dr. Phil.
Early life and education
Jay McGraw was born in Wichita County, Texas on September 12, 1979, to Dr. Phil McGraw and his wife Robin. He attended Greenhill School and is a graduate of the University of Texas, receiving a BS in psychology. He earned his JD from Southern Methodist University.
McGraw is president and CEO of Stage 29 Productions in Los Angeles, a company he co-founded with his father. He appeared as host of Renovate My Family, which aired on Fox. He is executive producer of the television series The Doctors.
In 2010 McGraw launched RumorFix, an anti-tabloid website that examines tabloid rumors and stories to verify whether or not they are factual. If a story is deemed true, the website labels it as "It's True", with unconfirmed rumors marked as "Still a Rumor" and false rumors marked with "RumorFixed". Mediaite commented that the site was very similar to Gossip Cop, a pre-existing website that also specialized in investigating whether or not celebrity rumors were true or false.
McGraw married Playboy model Erica Dahm at his parents' home in Beverly Hills on August 12, 2006. A reception for 400 guests followed the ceremony at the Beverly Hills Hotel. In March 2010, Dahm gave birth to the couple's first daughter Avery Elizabeth. In March 2011, McGraw and his wife announced they were expecting their second child. Dahm gave birth to a son, London Phillip, in August 2011.
- Moochers (2007)
- Closing The Gap: A Strategy for Bringing Parents and Teens Together (2001) ISBN 0-7432-2469-8
- Life Strategies For Teens (2000) ISBN 0-7432-1546-X
- Life Strategies For Teens Workbook ISBN 0743224701
- Daily Life Strategies for Teens (2001) ISBN 0-7432-2471-X
- The Ultimate Weight Solution for Teens (co-authored with Dr. Phil) (2003) ISBN 0-7432-5747-2
- "About Jay McGraw - Dr. Phil". 23 May 2014.
- "Jay McGraw In Gossip Biz?". New York Post. Archived from the original on September 30, 2010. Retrieved September 30, 2010.
- Augustine, Anthony (October 20, 2011). "Siteseeing: RumorFix", Winnipeg Free Press, p. E3.
- "Rumor Fix? Dr. Phil's Son To Launch Gossip Cop Knock Off Site". Mediaite.com. Retrieved September 26, 2010.
- Dr. Phil (2006). "Jay and Erica's Wedding". DrPhil.com. Retrieved July 5, 2015.
During the ceremony, Jay and Erica spoke deeply touching vows they wrote themselves. Dr. Phil served as Jay's best man.
- "Dr. Phil Becomes a Grandfather". people.com. March 19, 2010.
- ZUCKERMAN, SUZANNE (April 3, 2011). "Dr. Phil to Be a Grandfather – Again!". PEOPLE. Retrieved 15 February 2019.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Jay McGraw; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.