The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Lowndes in October 2009
|Born|| (1988-11-08) November 8, 1988
Jessica Lowndes (//; born November 8, 1988) is a Canadian actress and singer-songwriter. She is best known for her roles as Adrianna Tate-Duncan on The CW teen drama series 90210 and for appearing in several Hallmark Channel movies.
Growing up in Vancouver, Lowndes attended private school, which later she learned was not for her. She knew from an early age that she had a passion for singing and acting. Growing up in a household where her mother was a piano teacher and her father held the teenage record for running across Canada, Lowndes knew accomplishing a goal and making her dreams come true was possible.
While Lowndes, as a young child, was notorious for singing and dancing all the time, she finally earned her first major acting opportunity in high school. Lowndes also produced much of her own music from an early age. During the summer before her senior year, Lowndes worked on a project for Showtime, and instantly knew she wanted to work on-screen one day. While working on this project, Lowndes met people from LA and got representation in the entertainment industry.
After experiencing what it was like to have a real role for a production, Lowndes told her parents that she did not want to go back to high school, and instead wanted to pursue a career in acting in Los Angeles. With encouragement from her parents, Lowndes moved to LA at the age of 16 and began her career.
Lowndes made her acting debut on the 2005 television film Saving Milly as Andrea Kondracke at the age of 16. This was followed by a guest role on an episode of Masters of Horror, she was later cast as Becky, a recurring role in the sitcom Alice, I Think. She also made a guest appearance on Kyle XY. Her next film role was a supporting role in the Lifetime movie To Have and to Hold released in 2005, followed by a pilot called Pretty/Handsome in 2007—which did not get picked up.
In 2008, Lowndes appeared in Autopsy and The Haunting of Molly Hartley along with another recurring role, this time as Mandi, in the television drama series Greek. She also landed a recurring role as Adrianna Tate-Duncan in the series 90210, a spin-off of the '90s teen drama series Beverly Hills, 90210. In November 2008, her role was upgraded to series regular.
Lowndes starred in the Canadian horror film Altitude in 2010. BuddyTV ranked her #58 on its TV's 100 Sexiest Women of 2011 list. In April 2012, she starred in The Devil's Carnival, a short musical film screened on tour.
In 2016, Lowndes starred in Hallmark's A December Bride with Daniel Lissing.
She has been playing the piano since she was five and writing music since she was nine years old. Lowndes made her musical debut in the pilot episode of TV series 90210 singing "Mama Who Bore Me" from Spring Awakening in the school's musical, in the 2009 episode "Women's Intuition". In the 90210 episode "What's Past is Prologue", Lowndes sang "Jolene" for a rock band audition. She also sang a few other songs as the lead female vocalist on 90210's "The Glorious Steinem"'s band. Lowndes also performed One More Time (feat. Diego Boneta) in the 90210 episode "Meet the Parent" (season 2, episode 20, final scene). During season 4 of 90210, her single "Fool" was featured and sung by her character in the episode "Benefit of the Doubt". In the episode "Bride And Prejudice", her song "Teardrops Fall" was featured. "I Don't Want You Anymore" was featured in the episode "Tis Pity". During season 5, her next single "Snake Charmer" was featured in the episode "Into The Wild" and sung by her in "99 Problems". In the second-to-last episode, her song "The Last Time" was sung by her character. Just as she finishes, the stage collapses on her, catches on fire and leaving her trapped under rubble.
In March 2009, she released the song Fly Away on Myspace. She was both the writer, singer and lead guitarist in the track.
She was featured on British rapper Ironik's single "Falling In Love"—released on October 24, 2010—and revealed on OK! TV that she was finishing off her debut EP in the United Kingdom. She described the album as "sexy, pop dance music, like Rihanna and Katy Perry."
Lowndes later teamed up with music producers James Rendon and Kayden Boche to record a featuring version of French American Idol finalist Jérémy Amelin's single "Undone" — which premiered online on May 6, 2011 and was released worldwide on May 23, 2011.
On January 25, 2012, Lowndes released her debut EP—featuring singles I Wish I Was Gay and Nothing Like This, along with two new songs Stamp of Love and Go Back.
On May 14, 2012, her single The Other Girl premiered on Complex.com. The single was released on iTunes on May 16, 2012. On February 6, 2013, Lowndes announced that she would release her self-written second EP titled TBT (Throwback Thursday) on March 14, 2013, along with one track off it every Thursdays for four weeks. On February 7, 2013, Aperture Entertainment released Fly Away as the lead single from her EP.
On September 9, 2014, Lowndes released her single Silicone in Stereo. The official music video premiered on September 6, 2014—both on YouTube and Vevo. The song peaked at number 35 on Billboard Canada's Top 50 and number 65 on the US Top 100.
|2008||The Haunting of Molly Hartley||Laurel Miller|
|2012||Garden of Eden||Kristin||Short film|
|2012||The Devil's Carnival||Tamara|
|2015||Larry Gaye: Renegade Male Flight Attendant||Suzanne|
|2005||Masters of Horror||Peggy||Episode: "Dance of the Dead"|
|2005||Saving Milly||Andrea Kondracke (age 15)||Television film|
|2006||Alice, I Think||Becky||2 episodes|
|2006||To Have and to Hold||Lisa||Television film|
|2006||Kyle XY||Eve||Episode: "Memory Serves"|
|2008||Pretty/Handsome||Cassie Booth||Unsold FX pilot|
|2008||Chinese Guys||Christy||Episode: "Reason to Fight"|
|2008–13||90210||Adrianna Tate-Duncan||Main cast, 114 episodes|
|2009||America's Next Top Model||Herself||Episode: "Interview 101"|
|2012||A Mother's Nightmare||Vanessa Redlynn||Television film|
|2014||Young and Hungry||Judy Green||Episode: "Young & Lesbian"|
|2015||Hawaii Five-0||Emma Mills||Episode: "Kuka'awale (Stakeout)"|
|2015||Motive||London Montgomery||Episode: "6 Months Later"|
|2015||A Deadly Adoption||Bridgette Gibson / Joni Mathers||Television film|
|2015||Merry Matrimony||Brie Traverston||Television film|
|2016||A December Bride||Layla O'Reilly||Television film|
|2016||Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency||Modern Jake Rainey/Jake Rainey||Episodes: "Rogue Wall Enthusiasts", "Weaponized Soul"|
|2017||Magical Christmas Ornaments||Marie||Television film|
|2018||A Father's Nightmare||Vanessa||Television film|
|2017||Major Crimes||Alex Snow||2 episodes|
|2018||Yes, I Do||Nicole Sweeney||Television film|
|2018||Christmas at Pemberley Manor||Elizabeth Bennett||Television film|
|2019||Over the Moon in Love||Brooklyn Moore||Television film|
|2019||Rediscovering Christmas||Mia||Television film|
- Nothing Like This (2012)
- TBT (Throwback Thursday) (2013)
|"Fool"||2011||90210 (soundtrack from the 4th season)|
|"Nothing Like This"||2012||Nothing Like This|
|"I Wish I Was Gay"|
|"The Other Girl"||Non album single|
|"I Don't Want You Anymore"||90210 (soundtrack from the 4th season)|
|"Snake Charmer"||90210 (soundtrack from the 5th season)|
|"Fly Away"||2013||TBT (Throwback Thursday)|
|"The Last Time"||90210 (soundtrack from the 5th season)|
|"Silicone in Stereo"||2014||Non album singles|
|"Underneath The Mask"||2016|
(with Wes Brown)
|2019||Non album single
(featured on Hallmark Channel movie Over the Moon in Love)
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"Falling in Love"
(Ironik featuring Jessica Lowndes)
(Jérémy Amelin featuring Jessica Lowndes)
|"In All My Dreams I Drown"||2012||Terrance Zdunich||The Devil's Carnival|
|2010||Ironik featuring Jessica Lowndes||"Falling in Love"|
|2011||Herself||"I Wish I Was Gay"|
|2012||Herself||"Nothing Like This"|
|2014||Herself||"Silicone In Stereo"|
- 2014 : Nominated at the Canadian Screen Awards for her performance in A Mother's Nightmare.
- 2009 : Nominated at the Prism Awards for her performance in 90210.
- "Jessica Lowndes". TVGuide.com. Archived from the original on March 6, 2016. Retrieved March 28, 2016.
- "Jessica Lowndes". New York Daily News. nydailynews.com. Retrieved 29 March 2016.
'90210' actress and singer Jessica Lowndes calls Vancouver, British Columbia home and studied at Pacific Academy in Surrey.
- TV.com. "Jessica Lowndes". TV.com. Retrieved 2016-10-18.
- "Jessica Lowndes Interview - Home & Family - Video | Hallmark Channel". Hallmark Channel. Retrieved 2016-10-18.
- "TV's 100 Sexiest Women of 2011". BuddyTV. Retrieved January 13, 2012.
- "Sneak Peek: 90210 Star Jessica Lowndes' New Music Video, "Nothing Like This"". US Weekly. December 21, 2011. Retrieved January 2, 2012.
- "90210's Jessica Lowndes Talks New Music, Singing With Joe Jonas". E! Online. October 18, 2011. Archived from the original on July 15, 2012. Retrieved January 2, 2012.
- "Dodgers & Hollywood: 90210 comes to 90090". Los Angeles Dodgers Official Website. September 19, 2009.
- "DJ Ironik records track with 90210's Jessica Lowndes". BBC. October 5, 2010. Retrieved January 2, 2012.
- "Ironik ft Jessica Lowndes – Falling In Love (Official Video)". YouTube. Retrieved September 7, 2010.
- Jessica Lowndes interview OKtv!. YouTube (April 14, 2011). Retrieved on May 25, 2011.
- Johnson, Zach (November 11, 2011). "Grade 90210 Star Jessica Lowndes' First Music Video". Us Magazine. Retrieved January 2, 2012.
- "Jérémy Amelin Feat. Jessica Lowndes - Undone". Discogs.
- "YouTube". www.youtube.com.
- X-Cite Records Press Release (April 20, 2011) : Jérémy Amelin and 90210 star Jessica Lowndes join forces on Jeremy Amelin's new single "Undone". Retrieved on May 25, 2011
- "Fool". iTunes. October 11, 2011.
- "I Wish I Was Gay". iTunes. November 11, 2011.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlkeVW5rkso YouTube : Jessica Lowndes - I Wish I Was Gay
- "Nothing Like This". iTunes. January 25, 2012.
- "In All My Dreams I Drown". iTunes. February 1, 2015.
- "Jessica Lowndes Premieres Her New Single "The Other Girl" & Talks Singing On "90210"". May 14, 2012. Retrieved May 14, 2012.
- "The Other Girl". iTunes. May 16, 2012.
- "TBT (Throwback Thursday)". iTunes. March 14, 2013.
- Lowndes, Jessica. "Excited for tomorrow's #TBT release of #FlyAway!". @jessicalowndes. Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- "Fly Away". iTunes. February 7, 2013.
- Lowndes, Jessica. "Jessica Lowndes FLY AWAY #TBT". YouTube. JLowndesOFFICIAl. Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- "Silicone In Stereo". iTunes. September 9, 2014.
- "The Other Girl - Single by Jessica Lowndes". iTunes (Canada). Retrieved November 19, 2015.
- "Silicone in Stereo - Single by Jessica Lowndes". iTunes. Retrieved September 11, 2014.
- "Deja Vu - Single by Jessica Lowndes". iTunes (New Zealand). Retrieved November 19, 2015.
- "Jessica Lowndes Stands Up for 'Nasty Women' With 'Take Your Makeup Off' Challenge". Billboard.
- Paradise - Single by Wes Brown & Jessica Lowndes, retrieved 2019-10-14
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Jessica Lowndes; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.