The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Joan Gardner (voice actor)
|Born||(1926-11-16)November 16, 1926
|Died||December 10, 1992(1992-12-10) (aged 66)
|Other names||Joan Janis|
|Occupation||Actress, screenwriter, songwriter, author, composer|
( m. 1960– 1992)
Joan Gardner (November 16, 1926 – December 10, 1992) was an American actress who was most active in voice over roles. She was also a screenwriter, songwriter, author and composer.
Apart from writing scripts and books, Gardner also worked as a music composer for films. However, she was most active as an actress for radio and television animated series.
She voiced Spunky in The Adventures of Spunky and Tadpole, Tanta Kringle and various other female roles on the Christmas special Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town, Bonnie Bonnet and Madame Esmerelda on the TV special Here Comes Peter Cottontail, played Josephine Bonaparte opposite Groucho Marx's Napoleon in the animated special The Mad, Mad, Mad Comedians and Zazu the Fairy Godmother on Pound Puppies.
She married producer Edward Janis on December 8, 1960, and wrote under the name Joan Janis.
- Pound Puppies (1986) - Zazu, the Fairy Dogmother
- Galtar and the Golden Lance (TV series) (1985) - Additional Voices (unknown episodes)
- Snorks (1984-1988) - Mrs. Wetworth
- The All-New Scooby and Scrappy-Doo Show (1983-1984) - Additional voices
- The First Easter Rabbit (1976) (TV special) - Elizabeth/Calliope
- The Story of the First Christmas Snow (1975) (TV special) aka The First Christmas (USA: video title) - Sister Jean
- Valley of the Dinosaurs (1974) - Gara
- The City That Forgot About Christmas (1974) (TV special)
- Kid Power (1972) TV series - Various Characters
- Here Comes Peter Cottontail (1971) (TV special) - Bonnie Bonnet and her store's owner/Madame Esmeralda/Mother's Day mother/dis-
believing President's Day mother
- Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town (1970) - Tanta Kringle
- The Mad, Mad, Mad Comedians (1970) - Josephine Bonaparte (TV special)
- The Beach Girls and the Monster (1965) (screenwriter)
- The Famous Adventures of Mr. Magoo - Additional voices (4 episodes, 1964)
- Mister Magoo's Christmas Carol (1962) (TV special) - Tiny Tim / Ghost of Christmas Past
- Gay Purr-ee (1962) - Provence lady
- The Dick Tracy Show - Additional voices (1961-1962)
- The Adventures of Spunky and Tadpole- Spunky (2 episodes, 1958-1961)
- "A Message to Marcia" (1958) TV episode - Spunky
- "The Frozen Planet" (1958) TV episode - Spunky
- Time for Beany (1949) (TV series) - Additional voices (credited as Joan Janis)
- "Joan Gardner; Voice-Over Artist". Los Angeles Times. December 18, 1992. Retrieved March 5, 2015.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Joan Gardner (voice actor); it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.