The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Born|| (1986-09-14) September 14, 1986
|Education||New York Institute of Technology
University of Maryland
|Known for||Video art Post-Internet|
Jonathan Monaghan (born September 14, 1986 in Rockaway Beach, Queens, New York) is a contemporary visual artist who uses computer animation software to create his work.  He received his BFA in computer graphics from the New York Institute of Technology. Monaghan then went on to receive a MFA from the University of Maryland.
Monaghan's animations have been exhibited at The State Hermitage Museum, the Sundance Film Festival and the Palais de Tokyo. His work has been reviewed in the Washington Post  and the Village Voice. Monaghan's work sits in numerous public and private collections such as The DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities and The Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.
- "After Fabergé" The Walters Art Museum, Baltimore
- "Gotham" 22,48m2, Paris
- "Disco Beast" bitforms gallery, New York
- "Escape Pod" bitforms gallery, New York
- "Robot Ninja" Market Gallery, Glasgow
- LOOP Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
- Boston Underground Film Festival, Boston MA
- Hirshhorn Museum - "Experimental Media Series" Washington D.C.
- International Film Festival Rotterdam, Rotterdam Netherlands
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Jonathan Monaghan; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.