The image is from Wikipedia Commons
José Arraño Acevedo
José Arraño Acevedo
José Santos Arraño Acevedo
(1921-10-14)14 October 1921
Quebrada del Nuevo Reino, Pichilemu, Chile
|Died||23 November 2009(2009-11-23) (aged 88)
|Occupation||Journalist, historian, radio host|
José Santos Arraño Acevedo (14 October 1921 – 23 November 2009) was a Chilean journalist and historian, who worked in several regional newspapers, including El Rancagüino from Rancagua, La Discusión from Chillán, amid others. He also wrote two books on the history of Pichilemu: Pichilemu y Sus Alrededores Turísticos ("Pichilemu and its tourist surroundings") and Hombres y Cosas de Pichilemu ("People and stuff from Pichilemu").
Arraño Acevedo was born on 14 October 1921 in Quebrada del Nuevo Reino, near Pichilemu, then part of Colchagua, Chile. He was one of twelve sons of José Luis Arraño Ortiz and María Soledad Acevedo Caro.
He worked as a journalist in newspapers such as Las Últimas Noticias in Santiago, El Rancagüino from Rancagua, El Sur from Concepción, La Prensa from Curicó, La Discusión from Chillán, La Región from San Fernando, amid others. He became a member of the Sociedad de Escritores de Rancagua (Writers' Society of Rancagua) in its foundation year, 1979.
All of his articles were gathered in two books: Pichilemu y sus alrededores turísticos and Hombres y Cosas de Pichilemu. Pichilemu y sus alrededores turísticos was first published by Editora e Imprenta El Promaucae from Pichilemu in 1999. Although Hombres y Cosas de Pichilemu was first announced in 1988 in El Rancagüino, it was first published in September 2003.
During his last years, he hosted a radio programme called La Hora de José Arraño Acevedo, which was broadcast for almost a decade. His phrase "¡Qué lindo es Pichilemu!" ("How beautiful Pichilemu is!") became famous during his time as a radio host.
On 22 November 2009 he was admitted to the Pichilemu Hospital, and died on 23 November at 14:00 local time, of pneumonia at the age of 88.
- Pichilemu y sus alrededores turísticos (1999)
- Hombres y cosas de Pichilemu (2003)
- Homenaje a la partida de Don José Santos Arraño Lizana Archived 28 November 2009 at the Wayback Machine, Pichilemu's official website (in Spanish)
- "José Arraño Acevedo y su próximo primer libro" (PDF). El Rancagüino (in Spanish). Rancagua, Chile: Sociedad Informativa Regional. 15 June 1988. Retrieved 7 August 2012.
- José Arraño Acevedo (6 December 1998). "Acanthus" (PDF) (in Spanish). La Prensa. Retrieved 12 December 2009.
- Aravena Llanca, Jorge (25 November 2009). "Pichilemu alrededor de José Arraño Acevedo". Pichilemu News (in Spanish). Pichilemu, Chile. Retrieved 7 August 2012.
- Pichilemu lamenta la muerte de José Arraño Acevedo[permanent dead link], Pichilemu Chile (in Spanish)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 7 July 2011. Retrieved 6 January 2010.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article José Arraño Acevedo; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.