The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Birth name||José Jiménez Fernández|
|Born|| (1943-02-11) 11 February 1943
Beas de Segura (Jaén), Spain
|Years active||1950-1972, 2009-2011|
José Jiménez Fernández (born 11 February 1943), commonly known as Joselito, was a child singer and film star in Spain during the 1950s and 1960s.
Joselito was born in Beas de Segura (Jaén), northeast Andalucia in Spain. Joselito made his film debut at the age of 13 and began making other films, including The Little Nightingale, The Song of the Nightingale, The Nightingale in the Mountains, Listen To My Song, The Little Colonel, Aventuras de Joselito en América, The Two Little Rascals, Lovely Memory, and The White Horse with Antonio Aguilar. Besides acting, Joselito was a popular child singer with a very distinguished voice having sung such songs as "La Campanera", "Dónde estará mi vida", "Gorrioncillo pecho amarillo", "En un pueblito español", "Clavelitos", "Doce Cascabeles", "Las Golondrinas", "El Pastor", "Granada" and "Ave María". He toured several countries in his youth.
He was out of the public eye until adulthood, when he became a media entrepreneur. In 1990, he was arrested by Angolan authorities on charges of gun and drug trafficking. Subsequently, he was deported to Spain, where he was jailed. In 2002 La Jaula del Ruiseñor was released, an authorized biography of Joselito's life. There he wrote that jail was the best thing that had ever happened to him and that it had helped him to overcome his drug addiction as well as to give him a different outlook on life.
- "El ruiseñor"
- "La Campanera"
- "Dónde estará mi vida"
- "Gorrioncillo pecho amarillo"
- "En un pueblito español"
- "Doce Cascabeles"
- "Las Golondrinas"
- "El Pastor"
- "Ave María"
|1958||The Nightingale in the Mountains||El ruiseñor de las cumbres||Joselito|
|1959||Listen to My Song||Escucha mi canción||Joselito|
|1959||The Song of the Nightingale||Saeta del ruiseñor||Joselito|
|1960||The Little Colonel||El pequeño coronel||Joselito Alvear|
|1961||The Two Little Rascals||Los dos golfillos|
|1961||Lovely Memory||Bello recuerdo||Joselito|
|1962||The White Horse||El caballo blanco|
|1963||Tomy's Secret||El secreto de Tomy||Tomy|
|1965||Pedrito de Andía's New Life||La vida nueva de Pedrito de Andía||Pedrito de Andía|
- Manzano, Manuel (2002). La Jaula Del Ruiseñor: La Biografía Autorizada de Joselito. Ediciones Martínez Roca. ISBN 9788427029101. Retrieved 12 April 2015.
- Bayarri, Francesc (1 September 1991). "La juez dicta prisión incondicional para el excantante Joselito". elpais.com (in Spanish). Valencia: Prisa. Retrieved 12 April 2015.
- "Joselito: "La cárcel es lo mejor que me ha pasado"". La Voz de Asturias (in Spanish). 3 March 2003. Archived from the original on 9 August 2011. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Joselito (singer); it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.