The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Asner at Venice Film Festival 2012
Julie Ann White
(1968-02-14) February 14, 1968
Tempe, Arizona, U.S.
|Occupation||Entertainment journalist, former fashion model|
|Television||Revealed with Jules Asner|
( m. 1992–1996)
( m. 2003)
Jules Asner (born Julie Ann White; February 14, 1968) is a screenwriter and author as well as a former entertainment journalist, television personality and model.
Asner was born Julie Ann White in Tempe, Arizona. Aged 16, she was discovered at a modeling convention in Scottsdale, Arizona. She began her career as an elite model. She shared a bunk-room with Cindy Crawford during the early years of her modeling career. In 1986, she graduated from McClintock High School in Tempe.
Asner is known as a long-time E! personality. During her peak with the network she hosted six hours of programming daily. Among the series she hosted were Revealed with Jules Asner, E! News Live and Wild On! as well as many live specials for the network. She received a Prism Award as well as a Gracie Award for her interview show Revealed with Jules Asner.
Before joining E! Asner was an entertainment reporter for Reuters Television Good Morning England, The Entertainment Show on Sky Television, and Extra. She hosted Live by Request on A&E and was a segment director and producer on Hard Copy.
Miramax Books purchased the publishing rights to her first novel, Whacked. The book was released June 3, 2008. Whacked was a top ten fiction bestseller on Amazon and was in its third printing within its first month of release.
According to The Playlist, sources confirmed that Asner wrote the screenplay for husband's Steven Soderbergh's film Logan Lucky. She chose to use the pseudonym Rebecca Blunt because she did not want the 'story' surrounding the film to be that "Soderbergh was directing his wife's script." In 2018 a Twitter account belonging to TheRebeccaBlunt posted photos of Asner and Soderbergh behind the scenes working on Logan Lucky. Asner previously did uncredited rewrite work on Magic Mike and several of Soderbergh's other films.
From 1992 to 1996 she was married to Matthew Asner and took his surname, making her the daughter-in-law of actor Ed Asner.
- Jules Asner profile at Film Reference.com
- "NIDA Announces 8th Annual "PRISM" Award Winners". National Institute on Drug Abuse. April 29, 2004. Retrieved January 18, 2021.
- Asner, Jules. (2009). Whacked. Weinstein Books. ISBN 978-1-60286-076-6. OCLC 290478749.
- Perez, Rodrigo (July 27, 2017). "Logan Lucky Screenwriter Revealed". The Playlist. Retrieved July 27, 2017.
- Gary Susman (May 13, 2003). "Out of Sight". Entertainment Weekly.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Jules Asner; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.