The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Full name||Karşıyaka Spor Kulübü|
Kaf Sin Kaf
The 35 and half
|Founded||1 November 1912 (1912-11-01)|
|Ground||İzmir Atatürk Stadium,
|League||TFF Third League|
|2020–21||TFF Third League, Group 3, 7th|
Karşıyaka Spor Kulübü (English: Karşıyaka Sports Club) also known as Karşıyaka is a Turkish sports club located in Karşıyaka, Izmir, established in 1912. Like all others in Turkey; the "SK" suffix refers to sports club, as besides football the club has sports branches in basketball, volleyball, handball, tennis, swimming, sailing, billiards and bowling. The club's football team is currently playing in the TFF Third League, the basketball team in the Turkish Basketball League and the women's volleyball team in the Turkish Women's Second League.
Karşıyaka have a fierce rivalry with Göztepe; the match between the two teams is collectively known as the Izmir Derby. Other rivalries are with Altay and Bucaspor. They also have a friendship with the fans of Ankaragücü, and Karagümrük.
- As of 22 October 2020
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
League participations in football
- Turkish Premier Division: 1958–64, 1966–67, 1970–72, 1987–91, 1992–94, 1995–96
- Turkish First Division: 1964–66, 1967–70, 1972–73, 1980–87, 1991–92, 1994–95, 1996–01, 2003–2016
- Turkish Second Division: 1973–80, 2001–03, 2016–18
- Turkish Third Division: 2018–present
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Karşıyaka S.K.; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.