The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Also known as||Kame, Kame-chan, Kazu|
|Born||(1986-02-23) February 23, 1986|
|Origin||Edogawa, Tokyo, Japan|
Kazuya Kamenashi (亀梨 和也, Kamenashi Kazuya, born February 23, 1986) is a Japanese singer, actor, host, producer, magazine model and a member of KAT-TUN. Born and raised in Edogawa, Tokyo, he joined the Japanese talent agency, Johnny & Associates, at the age of 12.
He was drafted as a member and co-lead vocalist of the popular J-pop group KAT-TUN in 2001. He is also one half of the temporary group, Shūji to Akira, whose only single "Seishun Amigo" became the best-selling single of 2005 in Japan. Individually, he is a popular actor who has played the lead role in several television dramas.
Born in Edogawa, Tokyo on February 23, 1986, Kamenashi is the third child of his parents. He has two older brothers, Yūichirō and Kōji, and one younger brother, Yūya. He also has two sisters-in-law and a niece from his second brother's marriage and a nephew from his first brother's marriage. His given name comes from a character from the manga, Touch, written by a Japanese manga artist, Mitsuru Adachi. Coincidentally, bandmate Tatsuya Ueda was also named after the twin brother of Kamenashi's namesake.
An avid baseball fan and player like the character he was named after, Kamenashi once represented his country in the junior world league as shortstop though he had to give up the sport professionally due to lack of spare time after he was accepted into Johnny's Entertainment despite having the support of Johnny Kitagawa, the agency's president, to pursue both careers.
In 2009, Kamenashi was cast in a live-action adaptation of a wine-themed manga, Kami no Shizuku, as the leading actor. Voters awarded him, his co-stars (Riisa Naka and Seiichi Tanabe) and the drama a near clean sweep of the winter edition of the Nikkan Sports Drama Grand Prix Awards in March 2009. He made a guest appearance as a doctor on the third episode of TBS drama series, Mr. Brain, opposite his talent agency senior Takuya Kimura. Kamenashi also made his film debut on July 11, 2009, reprising his role of Ryū Odagiri, now a trainee teacher in Gokusen The Movie. The movie earned half a billion yen in its opening weekend landing at the top spot of the box office and stayed in the top ten for six consecutive weeks. It later ranked at number 16 on Japan's 2009 yearly box office results raking in US$33,963,369 at the end of its run.
In 2010, he was cast in the leading role of Kyohei Takano for a live-action adaptation of popular manga, Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge, which aired on NTV. It was named Best Drama by voters of the 13th Nikkan Sports Drama Grand Prix Awards in March 2010 while Kamenashi and his co-star, Aya Omasa, were also awarded Best Actor and Best Supporting Actress respectively.
In 2011, he took on a role as Bem from the adaptation of anime Yōkai Ningen Bem. He received Best Actor award from Nikkan Sports Drama Grand Prix and Television Drama Academy Awards that year. Following the success of the drama, Yōkai Ningen Bem was made into film in 2012. At the end of its run, the film had grossed US$12,628,578 gross.
In 2016, Kamenashi was cast in the drama, The Mysterious Thief Yamaneko, which was based on the novel "Kaito Tantei Yamaneko Series" by Manabu Kaminaga as Yamaneko.
In 2017, he appeared in the drama Boku unmei no hito desu alongside his former co-star from Nobuta wo produce, Tomohisa Yamashita. In March 2017 Kamenashi together with Tao Tsuchiya in Live Action Film popular japanese shojo manga PとJK, Also in May 2017 he co-starring Lily Franky as supporting actor, in an independent film A Beautiful Star (美しい).
In 2018, he was back in filming drama series, taking the lead of Final Cut, (Fuji TV), He also appeared in TV Movie Tegami: Keigo Higashino (東野圭吾 手紙) Based on the popular novel Tegami by Keigo Higashino.
In 2019, He was cast alongside with Fumi Nikaido as main in a re-make of a masterpiece Strawberry Night into Strawberry Night Saga (Fuji TV).
Modeling and fashion
Kamenashi walked the runway in 2008 for Hermès' men's autumn/winter 2008 collection in Tokyo. In 2010, Kamenashi won the annual Best Jeanist award with more than 29,000 votes in the men's category, almost triple that of the second runner-up, Masaki Aiba. This is his fifth consecutive win and is thus promoted into the hall of fame, making him Eternal Best Jeanist and ineligible for future runs.
Kamenashi threw the first pitch at the Pacific League opening ceremony for the 2009 baseball season at a match in Chiba City featuring the Chiba Lotte Marines against the Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks on July 19, 2009.
Kamenashi participated in the Central League's Yomiuri Giants 23rd FanFiesta 2009 on November 23, 2009 and led his team to victory. He participated during the 1st inning as shortstop and for the 2nd and 3rd innings as pitcher. He belonged to the Black Rose Variety Team led by SMAP's Nakai Masahiro against the Giants Select Members Team.
|November 6, 2013||"Sayonara Arigato"||1||JPN: 100,206|
|May 15, 2019||"Rain"||1||JPN: 136,874|
|2002||Hanasanaide Ai (離さないで愛)||Featured in DVD Kyakusama wa Kamisama|
|2005||Kizuna (絆)||Featured in single "Shūji to Akira"|
|2006||00'00'16||Featured in DVD Real Face Concert|
|2006||Special Happiness||Duet with KAT-TUN member, Junnosuke Taguchi. Featured in album Best of KAT-TUN|
|2007||Someday for Somebody||Featured in album Cartoon KAT-TUN II You|
|2008||w/o notice??||Featured in single "Don't U Ever Stop"|
|2009||1582||Featured in album Break the Records: By You & for You|
|2010||Aishiteiru Kara (愛しているから)||Featured in single Love Yourself (Kimi ga Kirai na Kimi ga Suki)|
|2010||Into Mine||Performed during stage show Dream Boys|
|2010||Plastic Tears||Performed during program Shounen Club|
|2010||Sweet||Featured in album No More Pain|
|2011||Lost My Way||Performed during stage show Dream Boys|
|2012||Bad dream||Performed during stage show Dream Boys|
|2012||Zutto (ずっと)||Featured in album Chain|
|2014||Emerald||Featured in album Come Here|
|2015||Arigatou (ありがとう)||Duet with KAT-TUN member, Tatsuya Ueda. Featured in single KISS KISS KISS|
|2015||Hanasanaide Ai (離さないで愛)||Featured in single Dead or Alive|
|2016||Vanilla Kiss||Featured in “Bijoude” Jewelry commercial|
|2009||Gokusen: The Movie||Ryū Odagiri|
|2012||Yokai Ningen Bem: The Movie||Bem||Lead|
|2013||It's Me, It's Me||Hitoshi Nagano||Lead|
|2014||The Vancouver Asahi||Ryo Naganishi|
|2015||Joker Game||Katou Jiro||Lead|
|2017||A Beautiful Star||Kazuo|
|Policeman and Me||Kōta Sagano||Lead|
|2020||Stigmatized Properties||Yamame Yamano||Lead|
|1999||TBS||3 nen B gumi Kinpachi-sensei 5||Akihiko Fukagawa|
|2005||NTV||Gokusen 2||Ryū Odagiri|
|2005||NTV||Kindaichi Shōnen no Jikenbo||Hajime Kindaichi|
|2005||NTV||Nobuta wo Produce||Shūji Kiritani|
|2006||Fuji TV||Sapuri||Yūya Ishida|
|2006||NTV||Kuitan SP||Cameo appearance|
|2006||NTV||Tatta Hitotsu no Koi||Hiroto Kanzaki|
|2007||TBS||Tokkyu Tanaka San Go||Toru Shibahara (Guest; Episode 9)|
|2008||NTV||1 Pound no Fukuin||Kōsaku Hatanaka|
|2009||NTV||Kami no Shizuku||Shizuku Kanzaki|
|2009||TBS||Mr. Brain||Dr. Masakazu Wakui (Guest; Episode 3)|
|2010||TBS||Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge||Kyohei Takano|
|2011||TBS||3 nen B gumi Kinpachi-sensei Final||Akihiko Fukagawa (Guest)|
|2011||NTV||Yokai Ningen Bem||Bem|
|2012||TBS||Dragon Seinendan||Nazo no Sōsai (Guest; Episode 9)|
|2013||NTV||Tokyo Bandwagon~Shitamachi daikazoku Monogatari||Ao Hotta|
|2015||TV Asahi||Second Love||Kei Taira|
|2016||NTV||Yamaneko the Phantom Thief; Mysterious Thief Detective Yamaneko||Yamaneko|
|2017||NTV||I'm Your Destiny||Makoto Masaki|
|2018||Fuji TV||Final Cut||Keisuke Nakamura|
|2019||Fuji TV||Strawberry Night Saga||Kazuo Kikuta|
|2021||NTV||Red Eyes: Kanshi Sosahan||Kyosuke Fushimi|
|2010–present||Going Sports & News||Baseball reporter/MC|
|2008 - 2011||Radio: Ks by Ks||Host|
|2011–present||Radio: Hang Out||Host|
|2010–present||Dramatic Game||Game commentator|
|2001 - 2003||Dream Boys||Dancer|
|2004||Dream Boys||Supporting role/dancer|
|2004||Dream Boys Heisei||Lead role|
|2006||Summary of Johnny's World||Main cast/singer|
|2007||Dream Boys||Lead role|
|2008||Dream Boys||Lead role|
|2009||Dream Boys||Lead role|
|2011||Dream Boys||Lead role|
|2012||Dream Boys||Lead role|
|2015||Aoi Shushi wa Taiyo no Naka ni Aru||Lead role|
|2001||Kinki Kids First Concert Boku no Senaka ni wa Hane ga Aru||Backup dancer|
|2001||Sugao 3||Backup dancer|
|2003–present||Johnnys Countdown Concert||Johnny's Entertainment performer|
- Cartoon KAT-TUN Episode 43. aired on NTV on 2008-01-30.
- Shounen Club interview: Kazuya Kamenashi
- Kamenashi leads "Kami no Shizuku" drama adaptation, Tokyograph. 2008-11-12. Retrieved 2008-11-13.
- Drama Grand Prix: "Kami no Shizuku" wins winter, Tokyograph. 2009-03-18. Retrieved 2009-05-31.
- Kamenashi given guest role on "Mr. Brain", Tokyograph. 2009-05-13. Retrieved 2009-06-10.
- Kamenashi comes back for "Gokusen", Tokyograph. 2009-04-29. Retrieved 2009-06-10.
- "Gokusen" movie earns half a billion in opening weekend, Tokyograph. 2009-07-13. Retrieved on 2009-07-14.
- 2009 Japan Yearly Box Office Results, Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2010-12-27.
- Nikkan Sports Drama Grand Prix. Nikkan Sports. Retrieved 2011-01-13.(in Japanese)
- 亀梨ベムで主演男優賞／日刊ドラマＧＰ - 芸能ニュース (in Japanese). nikkansports.com. 2012-05-01. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- ザテレビジョン ドラマアカデミー賞: 結果発表 (in Japanese). Blog.television.co.jp. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- 2012 Japan Yearly Box Office Results, Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- "It's Me, It's me | Official Movie Site | May 25 ROADSHOW". Ore-ore.jp. Archived from the original on 2013-08-12. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- Oldham, Stuart (2013-06-12). "Kazuya Kamenashi: International Star singer, plays 33 roles in new film". Variety. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- Men's Non-No magazine, published by Shueisha, December 2008 issue, page 83.
- Koda, Kazuya Kamenashi enter Best Jeanist "hall of fame". Tokyograph. 2010-10-05. Retrieved on 2013-09-01.
- ＫＡＴ－ＴＵＮ・亀梨、始球式で西岡と対決 Archived 2009-07-22 at the Wayback Machine, Sankei Sports. Retrieved on July 20, 2009. (in Japanese)
- . Tsuyoshi Nishioka Official Blog. 2009-07-19. Retrieved 2009-07-22. (in Japanese)
- 巨人が亀梨打てず、ＳＭＡＰ中居軍に黒星, Nikkan Sports. 2009-11-23. Retrieved 2009-11-23. (in Japanese)
- "Starter Tommy Milone sharp as A's win exhibition game in Japan | oaklandathletics.com: News". Oakland.athletics.mlb.com. 2012-03-25. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- "Going! Sports＆News｜日本テレビ" (in Japanese). Ntv.co.jp. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- "Dramatic Game 1844 | 野球・巨人 | CS放送 日テレG+ 日テレがお届けするCSスポーツチャンネル" (in Japanese). Ntv.co.jp. Archived from the original on 2013-07-28. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- Oricon Chart
- "週間 CDシングルランキング 2019年05月27日付" [Weekly CD Single Ranking for May 27, 2019]. Oricon Style (in Japanese). Retrieved May 22, 2019.
- "KAT-TUN's new single chosen as the theme song to Kamenashi Kazuya's starring drama". tokyohive. 6Theory Media, LLC. Retrieved 2016-03-13.
- "ズムサタ｜望月理恵オフィシャルブログ「mochiee's garden」Powered by Ameba" (in Japanese). Ameblo.jp. 2013-02-23. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- ニッポン放送 (2013-07-31). 東貴博のヤンピース (in Japanese). Allnightnippon.com. Archived from the original on 2014-02-21. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- "KAT-TUN 亀梨和也のHANG OUT FM NACK5 79.5MHz エフエムナックファイブ" (in Japanese). Nack5.co.jp. 2013-01-12. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- 「三つどもえの混戦を抜け亀梨和也が初受賞」. Television Drama Academy Awards. Retrieved 2011-06-21. (in Japanese)
- 「第8回日刊スポーツ・ドラマグランプリ（ＧＰ）」 Archived 2010-10-31 at the Wayback Machine. Nikkan Sports. Retrieved on 2010-07-01. (in Japanese)
- 「アカデミー史上に残る接戦を制して亀梨がV」, Television Drama Academy Awards. Retrieved 2011-06-21. (in Japanese)
- THE 20th JAPAN GOLD DISC AWARD 2006, Japan Gold Disc Award. Retrieved 2011-06-21. (in Japanese)
- Past Records for Best Jeanists Award Archived 2014-07-18 at the Wayback Machine, Best-Jeans.com. Retrieved 2011-06-21. (in Japanese)
- 日刊スポーツ・ドラマグランプリ 歴代の受賞者・受賞作品 [Hall of Fame for Nikkan Sports Drama Grand Prix Award] (in Japanese). nikkansports.com. Retrieved 2016-03-13.
- Far East Film 2013 Archived 2013-08-11 at the Wayback Machine, MYmovies. Retrieved 2013-09-01. (in Italian)
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Kazuya Kamenashi; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.