The image is from Wikipedia Commons
The Knifemakers' Guild is an American organization, based in Richfield, Utah, made up of knifemakers to promote custom knives, encourage ethical business practices, assist with technical aspects of knife making, and to sponsor knife shows. The Guild is composed of 300 knifemaker members and several thousand collectors, writers, and other investors as honorary members.
The idea for the Knifemakers' Guild came about at a Las Vegas, Nevada, gun show held at the Sahara Casino in February 1970. The actual founding occurred in November 1970 by A.G. Russell in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Charter members included Blackie Collins, Bob Loveless, John Nelson Cooper, and Dan Dennehy. Russell was made the first president with Loveless as the secretary.
The current president is Gil Hibben, past presidents have included Jimmy Lile, Frank Centofante, D'Alton Holder, George Herron, Buster Warenski, and William F. Moran. The Knifemakers' Guild has over 300 members worldwide.
- "By Laws". Knifemakers' Guild. Retrieved 28 July 2020.
- Barney, Richard W.; Loveless, Robert W. (March 1995) . How to Make Knives. Knife World Publications. pp. 6–10. ISBN 978-0-87341-389-3.
- Stevenson, Robert (1971). "Shop Talk". Popular Science. Bonnier Corporation. 199 (4): 140.
- Lewis, Jack; Roger Combs (1992). Gun Digest Book of Knives. Iola, WI: DBI Books. p. 120. ISBN 978-0-87349-129-7.
- "Homemade Knifemakers now have a new club". Popular Science. 199 (4): 140. 1971.
- Pacella, Gerard (2002). 100 Legendary Knives. Krause Publications. p. 145. ISBN 0-87349-417-2.
- Hollis, Durwood (2010). Knifemaking with Bob Loveless: Build Knives with a Living Legend. Iola, Wisconsin: Krause Publications. p. 6. ISBN 1-4402-1791-2.
- Shackleford, Steve; Kertzman, Joe (2014). BLADE's Best Knifemakers: The Best Knifemakers of BLADE's First 40 Years. Iola, Wisconsin: Gun Digest Books. p. 44. ISBN 978-1-4402-4207-6.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Knifemakers' Guild; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.