The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|1991 Athens||Long jump|
|European Athletics Indoor Championships|
|1994 Paris||Long jump|
|European Athletics Championships|
|1994 Helsinki||Long jump|
Konstadinos "Kostas" Koukodimos (Greek: Κωνσταντίνος "Κώστας" Κουκοδήμος, born 14 September 1969 in Melbourne) is a retired Greek long jumper and New Democracy politician, currently serving as the mayor of Katerini, Macedonia. He was named the 1991 Greek Male Athlete of the Year. His family has hails from Agios Dimitrios, Pieria.
He is also a politician and former member of the Hellenic Parliament, elected for New Democracy in the Pieria constituency in 2007. In January 2008, the journalist Makis Triantafyllopoulos revealed that Koukodimos was calling him and other journalists of the Proto Thema newspaper to cover the Christos Zachopoulos scandal. As a result, Koukodimos was forced to leave New Democracy's parliamentary group and participate in parliament as an independent. He returned to New Democracy's parliamentary team after six months.
On 2 June 2019, he was elected mayor of Katerini, defeating the incumbent Savvas Chionidis with a majority of 54.44% in the second round of voting. He was sworn in on 31 August and his term, like that of all other Greek mayors, officially commenced on 1 September.
|1986||World Junior Championships||Athens, Greece||8th||7.58 m|
|1988||World Junior Championships||Sudbury, Canada||8th||7.42 m (wind: +1.2 m/s)|
|1990||European Championships||Split, Yugoslavia||9th||7.79 m (wind: -0.4 m/s)|
|1991||World Indoor Championships||Seville, Spain||4th||7.92 m|
|World Championships||Tokyo, Japan||12th||7.92 m|
|Mediterranean Games||Athens, Greece||1st||8.26 m|
|1992||European Indoor Championships||Genoa, Italy||12th||7.70 m|
|Olympic Games||Barcelona, Spain||6th||8.04 m|
|1994||European Indoor Championships||Paris, France||2nd||8.09 m|
|European Championships||Helsinki, Finland||3rd||8.01 m (wind: +0.2 m/s)|
|1995||World Championships||Gothenburg, Sweden||6th||8.00 m|
|1997||Mediterranean Games||Bari, Italy||2nd||7.95 m|
|1998||European Indoor Championships||Valencia, Spain||8th||7.74 m|
- Εκανε ζούγκλα τους βουλευτές και δικαιώθηκε (in Greek). Eleftherotypia. 26 January 2008. Retrieved 20 May 2008.
- Εκθετοι Κουκοδήμος – Κλαδάς (in Greek). Eleftherotypia. 13 February 2008. Retrieved 20 May 2008.
- Ανεξάρτητος ο Κουκοδήμος (in Greek). ethnos.gr. 31 January 2008. Retrieved 20 May 2008.
- Ανεξάρτητος εξαρτημένος (in Greek). Eleftherotypia. 1 February 2008. Retrieved 20 May 2008.
- "Koukodimos becomes independent". Athens News Agency-Macedonian News Agency. 31 January 2008. Retrieved 20 May 2008.
- "MP's jump cuts majority to one". eKathimerini.gr. 1 February 2008. Retrieved 20 May 2008.
- "Greek conservatives cling to parliamentary majority after deputy quits party". The International Herald Tribune. 31 January 2008. Retrieved 20 May 2008.
- "ND back to full strength". Kathimerini. 23 July 2008. Retrieved 6 July 2009.
- "Municipal elections – May 2019". Athens: Ministry of the Interior. Retrieved 6 September 2019.
- "Ορκίστηκε δήμαρχος Κατερίνης ο Κώστας Κουκοδήμος". dimarxos.gr (in Greek). 2 September 2019. Retrieved 6 September 2019.
- Official website (in Greek)
- Terms of office of Konstandinos Koukodimos at the Hellenic Parliament (in English)
- Konstandinos Koukodimos at World Athletics
- Short bio
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Konstandinos Koukodimos; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.