The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Directed by||Ragnar Hyltén-Cavallius|
|Screenplay by||Ragnar Hyltén-Cavallius|
|Based on||Der Gauklerkönig
by Jean Gilbert
|Music by||Gunnar Johansson|
|Distributed by||AB Svensk Filmindustri|
It is the year of 1865 and the Löwencreutz family are expecting a very prominent visitor, King Charles XV is coming to stay. However Carl Henrik von Grimm reads a telegram stating that the King is in fact cancelling his visit.
At the theatre that night Grimm notices the actor Leonard Petterson who happens to resemble the king a great deal. This gives Grimm an idea that could work in his favour. Can he hire the actor to play the King and get away with it?
- Gösta Ekman as Leonard Petterson, actor / King Charles XV
- Nils Wahlbom as Casimir Löwencreutz
- Gull Natorp as Adèle Löwencreutz
- Birgit Tengroth as Marie-Louise Löwencreutz
- Håkan Westergren as Charles-Emile Spaak
- Olga Andersson as Countess Ehrencrona
- Åke Ohberg as Carl Henrik von Grimm
- Semmy Friedmann as Italian pyrotechnist
- Theodor Berthels as theatre manager
- Thor Modéen as Alexander Dryselius
- Maritta Marke as Anette Dryselius
- Tollie Zellman as Sophie Strååk
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Kungen kommer; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.