The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Full name||Kuntal Chandra|
|Born||8 November 1984
|Died||3 December 2012(2012-12-03) (aged 28)
|Domestic team information|
Source: Cricinfo, 26 August 2016
Chandra was a right-handed batsman and wicket keeper sometimes known by his nickname Papon. He studied at Bangladesh Krira Shikkha Protishtan. After playing for Bangladesh Under-19s in 2000, he made his debut for Chittagong Division in 2004-2005 against Rajshahi Division, taking five catches and scoring 71 and 33. Despite this promising beginning he played only two more first-class matches, and those not until the 2007–2008 season. He also played in two List A one-day matches in 2005.
Chandra was found dead at the outskirts of Dhaka, on a stopbank along the Uttara-Ashulia road near Dhour on 3 December 2012. He was discovered by the locals who then called the police. His body was found blindfolded and with pieces of cloth stuffed into his mouth. The body also bore signs of being beaten. Initial assessment by the local police indicated that Chandra likely died by strangulation.
- "Cricketer Pappon found killed at roadside". The Daily Star. 4 December 2012.
- "First-class Record". Cricket Archive.
- "List A Record". Cricket Archive.
- ক্রিকেটারের লাশ উদ্ধার [Player found dead]. bdnews24.com. Reuters. 3 December 2012. Archived from the original on 5 December 2012. Retrieved 3 December 2012.
- "Bangladesh first-class player Kuntal Chandra dies aged 28". ESPNcricinfo. 4 December 2012.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Kuntal Chandra; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.