The image is from Wikipedia Commons
KwaZulu-Natal (cricket team)
KwaZulu-Natal (formerly Natal) is the first-class cricket team that represents the province of KwaZulu-Natal (formerly Natal) in South Africa. For the purposes of the Sunfoil Series, KwaZulu-Natal is the only team that has not merged with another and it has played in the SuperSport Series (as it was named then) as the Dolphins since October 2004. However, the KwaZulu-Natal Inland cricket team was granted first-class status in 2006, began competing in the CSA Provincial Competitions in 2006-2007, and is now also represented by the Dolphins franchise.
- Currie Cup (21) - 1910–11, 1912–13, 1933–34, 1936–37, 1946–47, 1947–48, 1951–52, 1954–55, 1959–60, 1960–61, 1962–63, 1963–64, 1966–67, 1967–68, 1973–74, 1975–76, 1976–77, 1980–81, 1994–95, 1996–97, 2001–02; shared (3) - 1921–22, 1937–38, 1965–66
- Standard Bank Cup (4) - 1983–84, 1996–97, 2000–01, 2001–02
- South African Airways Provincial Three-Day Challenge (0) -
- South African Airways Provincial One-Day Challenge (1) - 2006–07
- Gillette Cup/Nissan Shield (3) - 1974–75, 1976–77, 1987–88
The team was originally called Natal and began playing in December 1889 at the start of first-class cricket in South Africa. The name changed in April 1998.
Venues have included:
- Albert Park, Durban (April 1895 - Jan 1906)
- City Oval, Pietermaritzburg (alternative venue April 1895 - Dec 2002)
- Lord's, Durban (March 1898 - April 1922)
- Kingsmead, Durban (Jan 1923–present)
- Jan Smuts Stadium, Pietermaritzburg (Feb 1959 - Dec 1995)
- Settler's Park, Ladysmith (three games Jan 1971 - March 1973)
- Lahee Park, Pinetown (occasional venue Jan 1974 - Dec 1979)
- Alexandra Memorial Ground, Umzinto (used twice 1974 - 1977)
- South African Cricket Annual – various editions
- Wisden Cricketers' Almanack – various editions
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article KwaZulu-Natal (cricket team); it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.