The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Intercommunality||Auray Quiberon Terre Atlantique|
|• Mayor (2020–2026)||Yves Normand|
|6.20 km2 (2.39 sq mi)|
|• Density||260/km2 (670/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||0–31 m (0–102 ft)|
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
It is located east of Carnac. The town is primarily a port, with a seaside quay dotted by numerous seafood restaurants. The town is also known for its watersport competitions.
Separated from the well known commune of Carnac in 1864, several of the famous neolithic standing stones in the Carnac stones fall within its boundaries, including the dolmens of Kerdeneven and Kermarquer, and the Petit-Ménec Alignments.
Inhabitants of La Trinité-sur-Mer are called Trinitains.
- Jean-Marie Le Pen, far-right politician and perennial presidential candidate, was born in the commune. As of 2016, he owns a house in the town with his daughter, Marine Le Pen, via a family business, Pavillon de L'Ecuyer.
- Alain Barrière, singer, born in 1935
- The 2008 Sywoc (Student Yachting World Cup) took place in La Trinité-sur-Mer (25 October - 1 November 2008).
- The 2010 European Championship Soling took place in La Trinité-sur-Mer from 28- AUG till 3 SEP.
- "Maires du Morbihan" (PDF). Préfecture du Morbihan. 7 July 2020.
- "Populations légales 2018". The National Institute of Statistics and Economic Studies. 28 December 2020.
- (in French)http://frobar.info/golfe/trinite.php
- "Marine Le Pen, une riche propriétaire (comme son père)". Le Nouvel Observateur. January 27, 2016. Retrieved October 7, 2016.
- (in French) Town website
- (in French) Tourist office
- Mayors of Morbihan Association (in French)
- Base Mérimée: Search for heritage in the commune, Ministère français de la Culture. (in French)
- (in French) La Trinité-sur-Mer on the Institut Géographique National website
- (in French) La Trinité-sur-Mer on Insee site
- (in French) Nearest towns to La Trinité-sur-Mer
- Bahasa Melayu
- Tiếng Việt
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article La Trinité-sur-Mer; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.