The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Date of birth||(1901-04-12)12 April 1901|
|Place of birth||Milan, Italy|
|Date of death||12 January 1970(1970-01-12) (aged 68)|
|Place of death||Milan, Italy|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
At club level, Conti played for several Italian clubs, in particular Ambrosiana Inter (as they were known at the time), with whom he had two spells (1918–20; 1921–31), winning two league titles in 1920 and 1930, and scoring a total of 76 league goals in 236 league appearances; he also served as the team's captain between 1922 and 1931. He also played for Enotria Goliardo (1917–18), Padova (1920–21), and Pro Patria (1931–33). He made his professional debut in the Italian top flight on 3 November 1929, with A. Inter, in a 3–2 home win over Cremonese.
At international level, Conti obtained 31 appearances for Italy between 1920 and 1929, scoring 8 goals. He made his international debut on 28 March 1920, starting in a 3–0 friendly away loss to Switzerland, at the age of 18 years, 351 days. Conti is either the second or third-youngest player ever to start a match for Italy, behind only Eugenio Mosso, and possibly Rodolfo Gavinelli. Mosso made his only international appearance for Italy on 5 April 1914, starting in a 1–1 friendly away draw against Switzerland, at the age of 18 years, 238 days. Gavinelli, on the other hand, made his only international appearance for Italy on 9 April 1911, starting in a 2–2 friendly away draw against France, at the age of either 20 years, 98 days, or 16 years, 98 days, as it is not known officially whether he was born on 1 January in 1891 or 1895. Conti later took part at the 1924 Summer Olympics with the Italy national football team. He made his final international appearance on 28 April 1929, in a 2–1 friendly home loss against Germany.
Following his retirement from professional football, Conti also served as a coach with Lecco from 1934–37.
- Represented Italy at the 1924 Summer Olympics.
- "Kean titolare in Nazionale a 19 anni: non accadeva da 100 anni" (in Italian). Goal.com. 23 March 2019. Retrieved 3 April 2019.
- "Svizzera-Italia 3-0" (in Italian). www.italia1910.com. Retrieved 4 April 2019.
- "Mosso, Eugenio" (in Italian). FIGC. Retrieved 4 April 2019.
- "Italia-Svizzera 1-1" (in Italian). www.italia1910.com. Retrieved 4 April 2019.
- "Mosso, Eugenio" (in Italian). www.italia1910.com. Retrieved 4 April 2019.
- "Gavinelli, Rodolfo" (in Italian). FIGC. Retrieved 4 April 2019.
- "Francia-Italia 2-2" (in Italian). www.italia1910.com. Retrieved 4 April 2019.
- "Gavinelli, Pietro Antonio" (in Italian). www.italia1910.com. Retrieved 4 April 2019.
- Leopoldo Conti at National-Football-Teams.com
- Profile at Enciclopedia del Calcio (in Italian)
- Profile at FIGC (in Italian)
- Profile at Italia 1910 (in Italian)
| Internazionale captain
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Leopoldo Conti; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.