The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Born||(1946-10-13)October 13, 1946
|Died||September 2, 2013(2013-09-02) (aged 66)
|Occupation||journalist and translator|
|Known for||President of Writers Union of Armenia|
Born in Koghb, Tavush, Levon Ananyan was a graduate of the Yerevan State University, Department of Philology. He worked for a number of state journals. For approximately 25 years, he worked for the Garoun monthly.
In 1989, he became a member of the Writers Union of Armenia, and from 1990 – 2001 he was chief editor for Garoun.
In 2001, he was elected President of the Writers' Union of Armenia. He was re-elected as the RA Writers' Union chairman in 2009. He lectures at the Yerevan State University Department of Journalism. He was the president of the Noyemberyan NGO. He was also a member of the Journalists' Union.
He authored many articles on social and political issues, which have been printed in the state press. He also translated and published Russian and English books to the Armenian language; he founded "Apollo" Publishers.
- Ananyan, Levon (2008). Chermak hogh, karmir hishoghutʻyun : antʻologia (in Armenian). Erevan, Armenia: HGM hratarakchʻutʻyun. ISBN 978-99941-74-95-9. OCLC 320623369.
- Ananyan, Levon (2006). Hushanver : tarber tarineri banasteghtsut?yunner [Souvenir] (in Armenian). Erevan, Armenia: Zangak 97. ISBN 99941-1-245-7. OCLC 301951097.
- Ananyan, Levon (2006). Dzon hayotsʻ lezvin : banasteghtsutʻyunner (in Armenian). Erevan, Armenia: HGM hratarakchʻutʻyun. OCLC 607761436.
- Turmoil, Yerevan, 2004
- Drama on Stage and on the Screen, Yerevan, 1996
- Roots and Foliage, Yerevan, 1987
Translations From Russian and English to Armenian
- "Մահացել է Հայաստանի գրողների միության նախագահ Լևոն Անանյանը". Tert.am. 2 September 2013. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- "Final election results: Levon Ananyan is elected as RA Writers' Union Chairman". 4 July 2009: PanARMENIAN.Net. 4 July 2009. Retrieved 28 May 2011.CS1 maint: location (link)
- "WAU History". Writer's Union of Armenia. Archived from the original on 31 May 2011. Retrieved 8 April 2011.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Levon Ananyan; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.