The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Life in the Country
|Life in the Country|
|Directed by||Bror Bügler|
|Written by||Bror Bügler
|Based on||From My Farming Days by Fritz Reuter|
|Music by||Alvar Kraft|
|Edited by||Gösta Bjurman|
|29 November 1943|
Life in the Country (Swedish: Livet på landet) is a 1943 Swedish historical comedy film directed by Bror Bügler and starring Edvard Persson, George Fant and Birgitta Valberg. It is based on the 1862 German novel From My Farming Days by Fritz Reuter, which had previously been adapted into the 1924 Swedish silent film Life in the Country.
The film's sets were designed by the art director Max Linder.
- Edvard Persson as Zakarias Bräsig
- George Fant as Frans von Rambow
- Bror Bügler as Axel von Rambow
- Birgitta Valberg as Frida von Rambow
- Ivar Kåge as Carl Haverman
- Ingrid Backlin as Louise Haverman
- Willy Peters as Fritz
- Mim Persson as Marie Möller
- Kolbjörn Knudsen as Carl Brockman
- Dagmar Ebbesen as Mrs. Brockman
- Birgitta Arman as Salla Brockman
- Nancy Dalunde as Malla Brockman
- Sven Bergvall as Reverend Berger
- Gull Natorp as Mrs. Berger
- Albert Ståhl as Brolin
- John Norrman as Night-watchman
- Robert Johnson as Auctioneer
- Georg Fernqvist as Daniel
- Goble, Alan. The Complete Index to Literary Sources in Film. Walter de Gruyter, 1999.
- Qvist, Per Olov & von Bagh, Peter. Guide to the Cinema of Sweden and Finland. Greenwood Publishing Group, 2000.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Life in the Country; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.