The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Life in the Country (1924 film)
|Life in the Country|
|Directed by||Ivan Hedqvist|
|Produced by||Oscar Hemberg|
|Written by||Oscar Hemberg
|Based on||From My Farming Days by Fritz Reuter|
|3 November 1924|
Life in the Country (Swedish: Livet på landet) is a 1924 Swedish silent drama film directed by Ivan Hedqvist and starring Axel Ringvall, Hedqvist and Mona Mårtenson. It is based on the classic German novel From My Farming Days by Fritz Reuter. It is now considered a lost film. A second Swedish adaptation of the novel Life in the Country was produced in 1943.
A ruthless landowner drives the widowed Karl Hawermann and his daughter Louise from their land.
- Axel Ringvall as Uncle Zaakarias Bräsig
- Ivan Hedqvist as Karl Hawermann
- Mona Mårtenson as Louise Hawermann
- Axel Hultman as Pomuchelskopp
- Alfred Lundberg as von Rambow
- Richard Lund as Axel von Rambow
- Renée Björling as Frida von Rambow
- Carl Browallius as Vicar Behrens
- Gucken Cederborg as Mrs. Behrens
- Einar Hanson as Frans von Rambow
- Gustafsson p.179
- Tommy Gustafsson. Masculinity in the Golden Age of Swedish Cinema: A Cultural Analysis of 1920s Films. McFarland, 2014.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Life in the Country (1924 film); it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.