The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Born||(1925-05-21)21 May 1925
|Died||19 February 1957(1957-02-19) (aged 31)
|Other names||Marta Toren|
( m. 1952)
Märta Torén (21 May 1925 – 19 February 1957) was a Swedish stage and film actress of the 1940s and 1950s.
After studying at the Stockholm Royal Dramatic Theater's Dramatens elevskola, Torén began her career on the stage and from 1947 she appeared in films. She appeared on the cover of the June 13 issue of Life Magazine in 1949.
Torén appeared in 11 American film productions during her brief career. One of her roles was opposite Humphrey Bogart in Sirocco (1951), and she also co-starred with Dana Andrews in Assignment – Paris! (1952).
|1942||Rospiggar||Young Guest at Atlantic||Uncredited|
|1942||Ride Tonight!||woman from Brändbol|
|1943||Ombyte av tåg||Young Woman in the Audience||Uncredited|
|1946||Johansson och Vestman|
|1947||Eviga länkar||One of Signe's Daughters||Uncredited|
|1948||Rogues' Regiment||Lili Maubert|
|1949||Illegal Entry||Anna Duvak O'Neill|
|1949||Sword in the Desert||Sabra|
|1950||One Way Street||Laura Thorsen|
|1950||Panther's Moon||Catherine Ullven|
|1950||Deported||Countess Christine di Lorenzi|
|1950||Mystery Submarine||Madeline Brenner|
|1952||Assignment – Paris!||Jeanne Moray|
|1952||The Man Who Watched Trains Go By||Michele Rozier|
|1954||House of Ricordi||Isabella Colbran|
|1954||The Shadow||Alberta Landi|
|1957||Tormento d'amore||Sara García|
|1957||The Open Door||Countess de Caroli|
- "New Swedish Beauty Signed by Universal". The Times of Northwest Indiana (Munster ed.). International News Service. July 7, 1947. p. 12. Retrieved March 25, 2018 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Marta's eyes on Hollywood". Life. Vol. 26 no. 24. June 13, 1949. pp. 103–107 – via Google Books.
- "Marta Toren, Actress, Is Dead; Swedish Film and Stage Star, 30; Performer Stricken by Brain Hemorrhage--Appeared in Eleven American Movies Fought 'Pin-Up' Publicity". The New York Times. New York City. February 20, 1957. Archived from the original on 26 March 2018. Retrieved 26 March 2018.
- "Swedish Actress Marta Toren Dies Of Rare Disease". The Escanaba Daily Press. Escanaba, Michigan. Associated Press. February 19, 1957. p. 19. Retrieved March 25, 2018 – via Newspapers.com.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Märta Torén; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.