The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Martina Monika Willing (born 3 October 1959) is a Paralympic athlete from Germany competing in field events. She is both blind and paraplegic. Until 1994 she competed in the F11 classification for vision impaired athletes; following her paralysis, she returned to competition as a seated thrower. Willing has competed and medalled in eight Paralympic Games - all seven summer games from 1992 in Barcelona to 2016 in Rio as well as at the 1994 winter games in Lillehammer. Complications during knee surgery following a fall at the Lillehammer Paralympics led to her paralysis.
- "Martina Willings Kunststück: 8. Paralympics, 8. Medaille" (in German). Südwest Presse. 11 Sep 2016. Retrieved 25 May 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Athlete Bio - Martina Willing". International Paralympic Committee. Retrieved 25 May 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Martina Willing: First blinded, then paralyzed, now silver" (in German). RP Online. 22 Oct 2000. Retrieved 25 May 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Martina Willing brings silver in the javelin" (in German). RBB Online. 11 Sep 2016. Retrieved 25 May 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Martina Willing; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.