The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Matt Ryan (rugby league)
|Full name||Matthew Ryan|
|Born|| (1988-06-13) 13 June 1988
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||198 cm (6 ft 6 in)|
|Weight||101 kg (15 st 13 lb)|
|Position||Second-row, Lock, Centre, Prop|
As of 26 September 2015
Matthew Ryan (born 13 June 1988) is a former professional rugby league footballer who played as a second-row or centre for the Parramatta Eels in the NRL, Wakefield Trinity Wildcats in the Super League and the Bradford Bulls in the Kingstone Press Championship. Ryan spent time on loan from the Wakefield Trinity Wildcats at Featherstone Rovers in the Championship. Ryan currently plays for the Guildford Owls in the Ron Massey Cup.
Ryan attended high school at Marist College Eastwood and graduated with the class of 2005. He was a North Ryde Hawks junior from the age of eight.
Rugby league career
2008-2010: Early playing career
2011: Move to Parramatta
Ryan came to Parramatta midway through the 2011 NRL season, training with the first grade squad and playing in NSW Cup for feeder club Wentworthville. He said of the change of clubs, "Parramatta gave me an opportunity to go across there and be coached by Mooks. I couldn't say no. I always knew, in the back of my mind, that I was never really in the Tigers' plans. They had a good quality back row there. Nothing against the club, but I just had to go somewhere for a challenge, and change my attitude a bit."
2012: First grade debut
Ryan made his NRL début in round 7 of the 2012 NRL season against the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks. Ryan scored his first try in round 8 against the Wests Tigers in his second first grade appearance. Ryan made a total of 17 appearances in his first season at Parramatta as the club finished last on the table for the first time since 1972.
In June 2013, Ryan was one of 12 Parramatta players that were told that their futures at the club were uncertain by coach, Ricky Stuart. Ryan made a total of 7 appearances for Parramatta in the 2013 NRL season as the club finished last for a second consecutive year.
Ryan joined the Bradford Bulls for the rest of the 2015 season.
2015 - 2015
Statistics do not include pre-season friendlies.
|2015 Bradford Bulls||5||1||0||0||4|
- Rugby League Project
- Love Rugby League
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 4 October 2017. Retrieved 3 October 2017.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Glenn Jackson (3 August 2012). "Ryan squares off with house mate as he tries to tame Tigers". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Season review: Parramatta Eels". www.nrl.com.
- Profile at Parramatta Eels
- "Parramatta Eels work to erase bitter memories of 2013's wooden spoon season". Daily Telegraph.
- "Official Player Numbers". Parramatta Eels.
- "Guildford Owls name star-studded side for Challenge Cup final at Dubbo". Daily Liberal.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Matt Ryan (rugby league); it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.