The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Matt Zoller Seitz
Matt Zoller Seitz
|Born||(1968-12-26) December 26, 1968|
|Alma mater||Southern Methodist University|
( m. 1994; died 2006)
( m. 2017; died 2020)
Matt Zoller Seitz (born December 26, 1968) is an American film and television critic, author, and filmmaker.
Matt Zoller Seitz is editor-at-large at RogerEbert.com, and the television critic for New York magazine and Vulture.com, as well as a member of the George Foster Peabody Awards board of jurors. He was previously a television critic at Salon.com and The Newark Star Ledger, and a film critic for The New York Times. Prior to this he was a regular media columnist for the Dallas Observer. He founded the film and media criticism blog The House Next Door. Seitz is known as a leader in the creation of video essays, frequently featured on Moving Image Source and The L Magazine, and served as the publisher of PressPlay, a site for video-based film and television criticism. He was a finalist for the 1994 Pulitzer Prize for Criticism.
Seitz's second book, The Wes Anderson Collection, was published by Abrams Books in 2013. In February 2015, The Wes Anderson Collection: The Grand Budapest Hotel was published by Abrams Books. The Wes Anderson Collection was praised for its design and layout, which was intended to suggest the look and feel of an Anderson film and suggest that the reader was being taken on a tour of the filmmaker's imagination. "This book is the future," wrote Michael Sicinski in Cineaste. Mad Men Carousel: The Complete Critical Companion written by Seitz and with illustrations by Max Dalton was published by Abrams Books in November 2015.
He wrote, directed and edited the feature film, Home (2005).
Seitz grew up mostly in Dallas. He is the son of jazz pianist David Zoller. He was married to Jennifer Dawson from 1994 until her death on April 27, 2006. They had two children, Hannah and James Seitz. Seitz married his second wife, Nancy Dawson, who was his first wife's sister, and the ex-wife of his brother Rich, in February 2017. They divided their time between Bay Ridge, Brooklyn and Cincinnati. Nancy Dawson died of cancer on April 27, 2020.
- Brad Pitt (1996) (ISBN 978-0-6766-0074-2)
- The Wes Anderson Collection (2013) ( ISBN 978-0-8109-9741-7)
- The Wes Anderson Collection: The Grand Budapest Hotel (2015) ( ISBN 978-1-6131-2877-0)
- Mad Men Carousel: The Complete Critical Companion (2015) ( ISBN 978-1-6131-2936-4)
- TV (The Book): Two Experts Pick the Greatest American Shows of All Time (2016), Matt Zoller Seitz and Alan Sepinwall ( ISBN 978-1-4555-8820-6)
- The Oliver Stone Experience (2016) ( ISBN 978-1-4555-8819-0)
- Guillermo del Toro's The Devil's Backbone (2017), Matt Zoller Seitz and Simon Abrams ( ISBN 978-1-6838-3108-2)
- The Sopranos Sessions (2019), Matt Zoller Seitz and Alan Sepinwall
- Seitz, Matt Zoller (November 25, 2010). "All the things that remind me of her". Salon. Retrieved July 23, 2015.
- "Movies on my Birthday: A Partial List". RogerEbert.com. December 26, 2016. Retrieved December 30, 2016.
- Matt Zoller Seitz Biography & Movie Reviews | Roger Ebert
- "Who We Are". Grady College and University of Georgia. Retrieved November 25, 2019.
- Moving Image Source
- The L Magazine - New York City's Local Event and Arts & Culture Guide | Articles & Archives | Matt Zoller Seitz
- The Pulitzer Prizes | Finalists
- The Wes Anderson Collection
- "The Wes Anderson Collection: The Grand Budapest Hotel - Pop Culture - Abrams & Chronicle". Abrams & Chronicle. Archived from the original on May 6, 2018. Retrieved October 21, 2015.
- Zoller Seitz, Matt. "A hard-hitting, investigative look at my dad | MZS | Roger Ebert". www.rogerebert.com. Retrieved May 10, 2020.
- Sepinwall, Alan (April 28, 2006). "Sad, Sad News". The House Next Door. Slant Magazine. Retrieved July 23, 2015.
- "Matt Zoller Seitz on Twitter". Twitter. April 27, 2020.
- "Matt Zoller Seitz on Twitter". Twitter. February 15, 2017. Retrieved February 15, 2017.
- "Matt Zoller Seitz on Twitter". Twitter. August 20, 2016.
- @mattzollerseitz (June 25, 2018). "2. I'm going to be moving to Cincinnati to be with Nancy (we were a two-city couple prior to this) and will stay there continuously through the end of the year..." (Tweet). Retrieved January 6, 2019 – via Twitter.
- "Matt Zoller Seitz on Twitter". Twitter. April 27, 2020. Retrieved April 27, 2020.
- Douglas, James Robert (June 27, 2014). "An Interview with Matt Zoller Seitz". The Lifted Brow. The Lifted Brow. Archived from the original on February 3, 2016. Retrieved January 28, 2016.
- "The Wes Anderson Collection: The Grand Budapest Hotel". ABRAMS. ABRAMS. Retrieved January 28, 2016.
- "Mad Men Carousel: The Complete Critical Companion". ABRAMS. ABRAMS. Retrieved January 28, 2016.
- Alan Sepinwall [@sepinwall] (January 27, 2016). "TV (The Book), which I wrote with @mattzollerseitz, is now available for pre-order" (Tweet). Retrieved January 28, 2016 – via Twitter.
- O'Connell, Max (April 25, 2014). "Oliver Stone to Get the Matt Zoller Seitz Treatment in New Book, 'The Oliver Stone Experience'". Indiewire. Indiewire.com. Retrieved January 28, 2016.
- Matt Zoller Seitz [@mattzollerseitz] (January 26, 2016). "A spread from the ALEXANDER section of THE OLIVER STONE EXPERIENCE, now in the final editing stage" (Tweet). Retrieved January 28, 2016 – via Twitter.
- Simon Abrams [@simonsaybrams] (April 3, 2017). "@mattzollerseitz & I have written a book about @RealGDT's DEVIL'S BACKBONE[...]" (Tweet). Retrieved April 4, 2017 – via Twitter.
- Matt Zoller Seitz [@mattzollerseitz] (January 22, 2018). "From the style guide for the forthcoming book THE SOPRANOS SESSIONS, a team effort by @sepinwall and @mattzollerseitz, due in stores Jan 10, 2019" (Tweet). Retrieved January 23, 2018 – via Twitter.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Matt Zoller Seitz; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.