The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Nutritional value per 1 sandwich, 7.1 oz (137 g)|
|Energy||300 kcal (1,300 kJ)|
30 g (10%)
|Dietary fiber||2 g (8%)|
18 g (37%)
|Saturated||5 g (24%)|
|Vitamin A equiv.||
|Energy from fat||110 kcal (460 kJ)|
|Cholesterol||260 mg (80%)|
May vary outside US market.
^† Zero indicates no significant measurable trace.
|†Percentages are roughly approximated using US recommendations for adults.
Source: McDonald's Nutritional Facts
McMuffin is a family of breakfast sandwiches sold by the international fast food restaurant chain McDonald's. The Egg McMuffin is the signature sandwich, which was invented in 1972 by Herb Peterson to resemble eggs Benedict, a traditional American breakfast dish with English muffins, ham, eggs and hollandaise sauce.
In the US and Canada the standard McMuffin consists of a slice of Canadian bacon, a griddle-fried egg, and a slice of American cheese on a toasted and buttered English muffin. The round shape of the egg is made by cooking it in a white plastic ring surrounded by an outer metal structure.
The McDonald's egg sandwich was invented in 1972. Former McDonald's President Ray Kroc wrote that Herb Peterson and his assistant, Donald Greadel, the operator of a Santa Barbara, California, franchise, asked Kroc to look at something, without giving details because it was:
... a crazy idea — a breakfast sandwich. It consisted of an egg that had been formed in a Teflon circle with the yolk broken, and was dressed with a slice of cheese and a slice of grilled ham. It was served open-faced on a toasted and buttered English muffin. The advent of the Egg McMuffin opened up a whole new area of potential business for McDonald's, the breakfast trade.
- "Egg McMuffin inventor Herb Peterson dies at 89". Los Angeles Times. Associated Press. March 26, 2008. Retrieved March 27, 2008.
- "McMuffin Ingredients". Archived from the original on April 26, 2009.
- Kroc, Ray; Anderson, Robert (1992). Grinding It Out: The Making of McDonald's. St. Martin's Press. ISBN 0-312-92987-0. , p. 174
- "Egg McMuffin Inventor Dies At 89". Los Angeles: KCBS-TV. Associated Press. March 27, 2008. Archived from the original on March 29, 2008. Retrieved March 28, 2008.
Tilghman came up with idea for the signature McDonald's breakfast item in 1972
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article McMuffin; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.