The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Maribeth Solomon (born June 23, 1950) is a Canadian film and television composer and songwriter. She has been nominated for the Genie Award, the Emmy Award, the Gemini Award and the International Film Music Critics Association Award for her work.
Most of her composing work is done as a duo with her husband, Micky Erbe. Solomon and Erbe are partners in their own firm, Mickymar Productions.
Born in Toronto, Ontario, Solomon is the daughter of former Toronto Symphony Orchestra violinist Stanley Solomon, and the sister of jazz and pop musician Lenny Solomon. Solomon and Erbe both contributed to the debut album by Lenny Solomon's 1970s band Myles and Lenny, and Solomon's song "Falling into Rhyme" was recorded by Anne Murray on her 1972 album Annie.
Solomon's composing credits include the films Harry Tracy, Desperado, Improper Channels, Hubble, Space Station 3D, Ticket to Heaven, Shattered Trust: The Shari Karney Story, Blackjack, Threshold, Deadly Love, Destiny in Space, Picture Perfect, Utilities, Mission to Mir and Blue Planet, and the television series It's Our Stuff, Nothing Too Good for a Cowboy, Side Effects, Earth: Final Conflict, Street Legal, E.N.G., Alfred Hitchcock Presents and Schitt's Creek.
Awards and nominations
- 3rd Genie Awards, 1982 - Best Original Score, Ticket to Heaven
- 4th Genie Awards, 1983 - Best Original Score, Threshold
- 9th Genie Awards, 1988 - Best Original Song, "Rise and Shine" (The Care Bears Adventure in Wonderland)
- 10th Genie Awards, 1989 - Best Original Score, Milk and Honey
- 11th Genie Awards, 1990 - Best Original Song, "The Best We Both Can Be" and "Elephant March" (Babar: The Movie)
- 1988 Gemini Awards - Best Music Composition for a Series (Dramatic Underscore), Adderly (won) and Mount Royal
- 1993 Gemini Awards - Best Original Music Score for a Series, Street Legal (won)
- 1995 Gemini Awards - Best Original Music Score for a Series, E.N.G.
- 1996 Gemini Awards - Best Original Music Score for a Program or Mini-Series, Street Legal: The Last Rights
- 1998 Gemini Awards - Best Original Music Score for a Dramatic Series, Earth: Final Conflict, episode "The Secret of Strandhill" (won)
- 2000 Gemini Awards - Best Original Music Score for a Dramatic Series, Earth: Final Conflict
- International Film Music Critics Association Awards, 2009 - Best Original Score for a Documentary Feature Film, Under the Sea 3D
- Maribeth Solomon. The Canadian Encyclopedia.
- "Myles and Lenny". canoe.ca Pop Music Encyclopedia.
- "Sunless Sea Official Soundtrack · Failbetter Games". www.failbettergames.com. Retrieved 2020-01-09.
- "Sunless Skies OST, by Maribeth Solomon Brent Barkman for Mickymar Productions". Failbetter Games. Retrieved 2020-01-09.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Maribeth Solomon; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.