The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Mike Doyle (actor)
|Born||(1972-09-16) September 16, 1972|
|Education||Juilliard School (BFA)|
Early life and career
On the set of Oz Doyle met George Morfogen, whom he would cast in Shiner, a short film written, produced and directed by Doyle that debuted at the 2006 Tribeca Film Festival. Doyle also wrote and produced the 2003 limited-release film Cutter. Doyle also appeared as Jamie Perse, a small-time crook, in the 1996 television miniseries Titanic (also starring Peter Gallagher and Catherine Zeta-Jones).
Doyle played Lt. Cmdr. Tom Palatonio in the 2005 action film Phantom Below. His death in the season 10 finale of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit ended a successful six-year run as forensic tech Ryan O'Halloran on the show. He guest starred on episodes of Criminal Minds and In Plain Sight.
He appeared alongside Nicole Kidman and Aaron Eckhart in 2010's Rabbit Hole. In 2011, the feature film Union Square, co-written and directed by Sundance Film Festival's Grand Jury Award Winner Nancy Savoca, was premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival, which starred Mira Sorvino, Patti Lupone, Michael Rispoli and Tammy Blanchard. He also starred in The Orphan Killer as Marcus Miller Sr. in 2011. He then joined the cast of A Gifted Man as Victor Lantz, an anesthesiologist. He had a recurring role in the 2012 ABC television series 666 Park Avenue.
In 2014, he portrayed songwriter and record producer Bob Crewe in the film of the hit musical Jersey Boys, based on the story of Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons. He also appeared in the music video "I Wanna Get Better" by Jack Antonoff's band Bleachers, alongside Retta. In 2016 Doyle starred as Greg Forrest in the psychological thriller, Amy Makes Three.
|2004||The Devil and Daniel Webster||Luke|
|2004||Laws of Attraction||Michael Rawson|
|2005||29th and Gay||Andy Griffith|
|2006||5up 2down||Disco Dave|
|2007||P.S. I Love You||Leprechaun|
|2011||Green Lantern||Jack Jordan|
|2011||The Orphan Killer||Marcus Miller Sr.|
|2012||The Exhibitionists||George Thornton|
|2013||You're Not You||Tom|
|2014||Jersey Boys||Bob Crewe|
|2016||Max Steel||Jim McGrath|
|2016||Amy Makes Three||Greg Forest|
|2016||Johnny Frank Garrett's Last Word||Adam Redman|
|2019||Almost Love||Director and writer|
|1994||ABC Afterschool Special||Malcolm||Episode: "Magical Make-Over"|
|1996||A Loss of Innocence||Jens Eriksen||TV movie|
|1996||Titanic||Jamie Perse||2 episodes|
|1997||Jenny||Dave||Episode: "A Girl's Gotta Live in the Real World"|
|1998||Monday After the Miracle||Peter Fagin||TV movie|
|1999||ER||Michael McKenna||Episode: "Rites of Spring"|
|2000||Sex and the City||Mark||2 episodes|
|2002||Oz||Adam Guenzel||4 episodes|
|2003||Ed||Joel McHale||Episode: "Home for Christmas"|
|2005||Tides of War||Lieutenant Commander Tom E. Palatonio||TV movie|
|2006||Waterfront||Vince Russell||Episode: "Deal Time"|
|2009||In Treatment||Bennett Ryan||Episode: "Mia: Week One"|
|2002-2009||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Forensics Tech Ryan O'Halloran||53 episodes|
|2010||In Plain Sight||Wade Guthrie||Episode: "Coma Chameleon"|
|2010||Criminal Minds||Deputy Ronald Boyd||Episode: "Rite of Passage"|
|2011||The Whole Truth||Michael Dalton||2 episodes|
|2011||Lights Out||Doctor Brennan||3 episodes|
|2011-2012||A Gifted Man||Victor Lantz||11 episodes|
|2012||The Good Wife||Officer Mallen||Episode: "And the Law Won"|
|2012||666 Park Avenue||Frank Alpern||Episode: "Murmurations"|
|2014||Rush||Dr. Griffin Wagner||Episode: "You Spin Me Around"|
|2014||The Blacklist||Patrick Chandler||2 episodes|
|2014||Unforgettable||John Hibbert||Episode: "Admissions"|
|2015||Blindspot||Nathan Williams||Episode: "Evil Handmade Instrument"|
|2016-2017||Conviction||Rodney Landon||2 episodes|
|2018||Narcos: Mexico||Thomas Buehl||3 episodes|
|2018||The Romanoffs||Brian Norris||Episode: "House of Special Purpose"|
|2019||City on a Hill||Josh Goshen||2 episodes|
|2018-||New Amsterdam||Martin McIntyre|
- Wilson, Michael (June 2, 2009). "TV Actor Chalks Up Dramatic Demise No. 7". The New York Times.
- "Alumni News". Juilliard School. September 2007. Archived from the original on 2011-11-11.
Michael Doyle’s (Group 27) short film Shiner, which premiered at last year's Tribeca Film Festival, was screened in May at the Directors Guild in New York.
- Criminal Minds episode - A Rite Of Passage Criminal Minds (season 5)
- In Plain Sight episode - Coma Chameleon In Plain Sight (season 3)
- "Tiff.net". Archived from the original on September 11, 2011.
- Keck, William (August 8, 2012). "Keck's Exclusives: New Bodies Check in to ABC's 666 Park Avenue". TV Guide. Retrieved August 13, 2012.
- Williams, Richard (17 September 2014). "Bob Crewe obituary: Songwriter and record producer whose work with the Four Seasons led to many top 10 hits". The Guardian. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- "'Vampire Diaries' Actress Torrey DeVitto to Star in 'Amy Makes Three'". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Malkin, Marc (April 3, 2020). "Why 'Almost Love' Director Mike Doyle Insisted Openly Gay Actors Play the Lead Couple".
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Mike Doyle (actor); it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.