Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance
|وزارت فرهنگ و ارشاد اسلامی|
|Formed||18 August 1984|
|Jurisdiction||Islamic Republic of Iran|
The Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance (Persian: وزارت فرهنگ و ارشاد اسلامی also known as Ershad ارشاد) is the ministry of Culture of the Islamic Republic of Iran. It is responsible for restricting access to any media that violates Islamic ethics or promotes values alien to the Iranian Revolution. It was formed after the Revolution by merger of the Ministry of Culture and Art and the Ministry of Information and Tourism.
For the importation and exportation of motion picture, cinematographic and television films, audio tapes, phonographic discs, books and other publications, brochures, pamphlets, commercial advertisement products, business catalogues, pictures, gravures, paintings, tableaux, etc., licenses are required to be obtained from the Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance. In addition, the ministry is one of the governmental bodies that are responsible for exporting the Islamic revolution and one of the three "sovereign" ministerial bodies of Iran due to nature of its work at home and abroad.
- Official website o the Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance
- Responsibilities and organizational structure of Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance
- Foreign Trade Regime of the IRI Archived 2013-03-10 at the Wayback Machine Memorandum
- Bar, Shmuel (2009). "Iranian terrorist policy and "export of revolution"" (PDF). Interdisciplinary Center. Retrieved 28 July 2013.
- al Labbad, Mustafa (15 August 2013). "Rouhani's Cabinet Seeks New Balance in Iranian Policies". As Safir. Retrieved 16 August 2013.