The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Minṭaqah (Arabic: مِنْطَقَة [ˈmintˤaqah]; plural مَنَاطِق manāṭiq [maˈnaːtˤiq]) is a first-level administrative division in Saudi Arabia and Chad and for a second-level administrative division in several other Arab countries. It is often translated as region or district, but the literal meaning is "region", "area", or even simply "place".
- Areas of Kuwait (second-level, below governorates)
- Regions of Bahrain (formerly, top-level, replaced by governorates)
- Regions of Oman (formerly, top-level, alongside governorates, now only governorates)
- Regions of Chad (top-level)
- Regions of Saudi Arabia (top-level, above governorates)
- Districts of Syria (second-level, below governorates) - A mintaqah in Syria was formerly called qadaa.
- Districts of Israel (top-level)
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Mintaqah; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.