The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Born|| (1957-02-11) 11 February 1957
Mitchell Symons (born 11 February 1957) is a British journalist and writer. Born in London, he was educated at Mill Hill School and the LSE where he studied Law. Since leaving the BBC, where he was a researcher and director, he has worked as a writer, broadcaster and journalist. He was a principal writer for the early UK editions of the board game Trivial Pursuit, and has devised many television formats. He wrote an award-winning opinion column for the Daily Express.
He and his wife Penny Symons have two sons, Jack and Charles.
- 2010 Blue Peter Book Awards Best Book with Facts, Why Eating Bogeys Is Good For You
- 2011 Blue Peter Book Awards Best Book with Facts, Do Igloos Have Loos?
- All In
- The Lot
- No Red Light Shining
- Why Girls Can't Throw (and Other Questions You Always Wanted Answered)
- That Book
- This Book of More Perfectly Useless Information
- The Other Book of the Most Perfectly Useless Information
- This, That and the Other (Compilation of That Book, This Book and the Other Book). Later re-released as The Ultimate Loo Book
- The Equation Book of Sports Crosswords
- The Equation Book of Movie Crosswords
- The You Magazine Book Of Journalists (four books, co-author)
- Movielists (co-author)
- The Sunday Magazine Book Of Crosswords
- The Hello! Magazine Book Of Crosswords (three books)
- How To Be Fat: The Chip and Fry Diet (co-author)
- The Book of Criminal Records
- The Book of Lists
- The Book of Celebrity Lists
- The Book of Celebrity Sex Lists
- National Lottery Big Draw 2000 (co-author)
- How to Avoid a Wombat's Bum
- The Sudoku Institute Book
- How To Speak Celebrity
- Where Do Nudists Keep Their Hankies?
- Why Eating Bogeys Is Good For You
- Don't Get Me Started: A Way-Beyond-Grumpy Rant About Modern Life
- How Much Poo Does An Elephant Do?
- Why Do Farts Smell Like Rotten Eggs?
- Why Does Ear Wax Taste So Gross?
- Mitchell Symons Diary 2010
- Why You Need A Passport When You're Going To Puke
- Do Igloos Have Loos?
- On Your Farts, Get Set, Go!
- Don't Wipe Your Bum With A Hedgehog
- The Book of Poker Calls (co-author)
- Desert Island Discs: Flotsam & Jetsam
- The Bumper Book For The Loo
- Why Spacemen Can't Burp
- Happily Never After: Modern Cautionary Tales
- Why Don't You Smell When You're Sleeping?
- There Are Tittles In This Title
- The World In Numbers Calendar 2017
- The World In Numbers Calendar 2018
- "Mitchell Symons, Esq Profile". Debrett’s People of Today. Retrieved 28 February 2011.
- "BBC News - Ali Sparkes wins Blue Peter book of the year award". BBC Online. 3 March 2010. Retrieved 28 February 2011.
- "Blue Peter:Book Awards". BBC Online. Retrieved 28 February 2011.
- Hammond, Grace (19 October 2005). "The questions of the age... and the man with all the answers". Yorkshire Post. Retrieved 28 February 2011.
- O'Grady, Carrie (24 November 2007). "The Wit Parade". The Guardian. Retrieved 28 February 2011.
- Martin, Charlotte (15 October 2009). "Top 30 facts from Mitchell Symons' Why Earwax Tastes So Gross". The Sun. Retrieved 28 February 2011.
- "Why You Need A Passport When You're Going To Puke: Mitchell Symons". Daily Express. 30 April 2010. Retrieved 28 February 2011.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Mitchell Symons; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.