The image is from Wikipedia Commons
More of Old Golden Throat
|More of Old Golden Throat|
|Compilation album by|
|Recorded||1959 - 1967|
|Genre||Country, rock and roll|
|Producer||Don Law, Frank Jones|
|Johnny Cash chronology|
More of Old Golden Throat is a compilation album and 32nd overall album released by American country musician Johnny Cash exclusively in the UK on CBS Records in 1969 (see 1969 in music). Culled from single sides that had not previously appeared on albums (with the exceptions of "Honky-Tonk Girl" and "Lorena"), it is primarily made up of lesser-known songs, although "You Beat All I Ever Saw" and "Second Honeymoon" reached No. 20 and No. 15 respectively on the Country charts. Tracks 4, 7, 10 and 13 are instrumentals originally credited to "The Tennessee Two and Friend."
This album has not been released on CD. Although the Cash solo recordings featured here were later included in the 63-disc 2012 release Johnny Cash: The Complete Columbia Album Collection on the bonus disc titled "The Singles, Plus", the four tracks credited to The Tennessee Two and Friend are omitted and have yet to be officially released on CD.
- Johnny Cash - Vocals, Guitar
- Luther Perkins, Johnny Western - Guitar
- Bob Johnson - Guitar, Mandocello
- Norman Blake - Guitar, Dobro
- Marshall Grant - Bass
- Buddy Harman, W.S. Holland, Fury Kazak - Drums
- Floyd Cramer, Harold Bradley, James Wilson - Piano
- Boots Randolph - Saxophone
- The Anita Kerr Singers, The Carter Family - Background Vocals
Singles - Billboard (North America)
|1960||"Second Honeymoon"||Country Singles||15|
|1960||"Second Honeymoon"||Pop Singles||79|
|1967||"You Beat All I Ever Saw"||Country Singles||20|
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article More of Old Golden Throat; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.