The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Murder Mystery (film)
|Directed by||Kyle Newacheck|
|Screenplay by||James Vanderbilt|
|Music by||Rupert Gregson-Williams|
|Edited by||Tom Costain|
A New York City police officer finally takes his wife on a long-promised European trip. A chance meeting on a flight with a mysterious man gets them invited to an intimate family gathering on the super yacht of an elderly billionaire. When the wealthy man is murdered, they become the prime suspects.
- Adam Sandler as Nick Spitz, a New York City police officer and Audrey's husband
- Jennifer Aniston as Audrey Spitz, a hairdresser, murder mystery novel enthusiast and Nick's wife
- Luke Evans as Charles Cavendish, a viscount
- Gemma Arterton as Grace Ballard, an actress
- David Walliams
- Erik Griffin as Jimmy
- John Kani
- Shioli Kutsuna
- Luis Gerardo Mendez
- Dany Boon as Inspector Laurent Delacroix
- Adeel Akhtar
- Ólafur Darri Ólafsson
- Terence Stamp as Malcolm Quince, the elderly billionaire
- Sufe Bradshaw as Holly
- Nicole Randall Johnson as Marisol
- Hélène Cardona as Spanish Announcer
- Simon Sinn as Captain Wong
- Jackie Sandler as Stewardess
- Victor Turpin as Lorenzo
In June 2012, it was reported that Charlize Theron had signed on to star in Murder Mystery, a mystery-comedy to be directed by John Madden from a screenplay by James Vanderbilt. Before the announcement, the project had been set up at Walt Disney Studios with Kevin McDonald set to direct. In April 2013, it was revealed that Colin Firth, Adam Sandler and Emily Blunt had joined the cast - although, the representatives of Firth and Blunt later denied that the two were boarding the film. However, later that year, in September 2013, it was reported that both Theron and Madden had left the project and that Anne Fletcher was now set to direct the film for TWC-Dimension.
In March 2018, it was announced that Sandler and Jennifer Aniston had signed to star, reuniting them after Just Go with It. The film will be directed by Kyle Newacheck from the script written by Vanderbilt and will premiere on Netflix as part of Sandler's distribution deal. In June 2018, Luke Evans, Gemma Arterton, David Walliams, Erik Griffin, John Kani, Shioli Kutsuna, Luis Gerardo Mendez, Adeel Akhtar, Ólafur Darri Ólafsson, Dany Boon and Terence Stamp had joined the cast.
Principal photography on the film began on June 14, 2018 in Montréal. In late July 2018, filming began in Italy at different locations including Santa Margherita Ligure, Lake Como and Milan.
- "Rupert Gregson-Williams Scoring Netflix Movie 'Murder Mystery'". Film Music Reporter. May 8, 2019. Retrieved May 8, 2019.
- "MURDER MYSTERY will launch globally on Netflix in June 2019". Filmoria.co.uk. Retrieved April 23, 2019.
- Charlize Theron in Talks to Star in 'Murder Mystery' for 'Marigold Hotel' Director
- Cannes: Colin Firth, Adam Sandler, Emily Blunt to Join Charlize Theron in 'Murder Mystery'?
- Anne Fletcher Directing 'Murder Mystery' for TWC-Dimension
- Kroll, Justin (March 29, 2018). "Adam Sandler, Jennifer Aniston Reunite for Netflix 'Murder Mystery'". Variety. Retrieved June 7, 2018.
- Hipes, Patrick (June 7, 2018). "Luke Evans Is The Man In Netflix Comedy 'Murder Mystery'". Deadline. Retrieved June 7, 2018.
- Kit, Borys (June 14, 2018). "Luis Gerardo Mendez Joins Adam Sandler, Jennifer Aniston in 'Murder Mystery' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 15, 2018.
- Galuppo, Mia (June 25, 2018). "Terence Stamp, Gemma Arterton Join Netflix Comedy 'Murder Mystery'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 25, 2018.
- "L'acteur britannique Luke Evans à Montréal | TVA Nouvelles" (in French). Tvanouvelles.ca. Retrieved June 15, 2018.
- Hemmert, Kylie (July 26, 2018). "Sandler and Aniston's Netflix Movie Murder Mystery Begins Filming". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved July 27, 2018.
- Murder Mystery | Trailer | Netflix (Trailer). Netflix. April 26, 2019. Retrieved April 28, 2019.
- "Virtually every movie coming out this summer". Los Angeles Times. April 25, 2019. Retrieved April 25, 2019.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Murder Mystery (film); it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.