The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||New York City|
|Nonfiction topics||Music, Pro Audio/AV, Video & Broadcast, Consumer Electronics, and Education|
NewBay Media served five marketplaces — Music, Pro Audio/AV, Video & Broadcast, Consumer Electronics, and Education.
In September 2006, NewBay Media (as an affiliate of The Wicks Group of Companies) acquired CMP Entertainment Media (Including Music Player Network, formerly Miller Freeman Music) from United Business Media which yielded Guitar Player, Bass Player, Keyboard, Pro Sound News, Systems Contractor News, Residential Systems, Videography, Government Video, DV, Technology & Learning, and Television Broadcast.
In 2007, NewBay Media acquired IMAS Publishing which yielded TV Technology, Radio World, Pro Audio Review, Audio Media, and some regional editions.
In late 2012, NewBay Media acquired U.K.-based Intent Media (which was originally formed from the purchase of IP from United Business Media), including brands such as Music Week, PSNEurope, TVBEurope, MCV, Installation, and ToyNews. NewBay Media wanted to acquire these brands because of their strong market positioning and their historical links to the United Business Media purchases, as Pro Sound News was, prior to the spin off from UBM, sister magazine to PSNEurope (or Pro Sound News Europe).
In 2018, Future reacquired majority of the assets previously sold to NewBay Media by buying NewBay Media outright for US13.8 million.
- Audio Media International
- Audio Pro
- AV Technology
- Bass Player
- Bike Biz
- Broadcasting & Cable
- Digital Signage
- Digital Video, digital video
- Electronic Musician
- Government Video
- Guitar Aficionado
- Guitar Player
- Guitar World
- Keyboard Magazine
- MI World
- Mobile Entertainment
- Multichannel News
- Music Week
- Pro Audio Review, professional audio
- ProSoundNews, professional audio
- Residential Systems
- Radio World
- Rental & Staging
- School CIO
- Sound & Video Contractor
- Systems Contractor News
- Tech & Learning
- Toy News
- TV Technology
- Videography, videography
- NewBay Media, LLC, Bloomberg Businessweek (retrieved 19 September 2010)
- Tom Butts (4 April 2018). "Future Publishing Acquires US Content Business NewBay Media". TV Technology. Retrieved 4 April 2018.
- UBM Has Sold CMP Entertainment Media to The Wicks Group Archived 2011-07-17 at the Wayback Machine, The Jordan, Edmiston Group, 13 September 2006 (retrieved 19 September 2010)
- NewBay Media acquires IMAS Publishing, AllBusiness, 1 July 2007 (retrieved 19 September 2010)
- RBI Sells Broadcasting & Cable to NewBay, Jason Fell, Folio Magazine, 1 December 2009 (retrieved 19 September 2010)
- http://www.prosoundnews.com/article/34376 Archived 2011-02-04 at the Wayback Machine "Newbay Media Acquires Mix, Electronic Musician, Radio, And Sound & Video Contractor From Penton," Pro Sound News, Feb 2011
- NewBay Media Buys Music Mags from Future US
- Blabbermouth (2017-05-01). "REVOLVER Magazine Sold To Digital Media Company PROJECT M GROUP; Brand Relaunch Planned For This Fall". BLABBERMOUTH.NET. Retrieved 2018-12-23.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article NewBay Media; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.