The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Nisei Soldiers of World War II Congressional Gold Medal
The Nisei Soldiers of World War II Congressional Gold Medal is an award made for the Japanese American World War II veterans of the 100th Infantry Battalion, the 442nd Regimental Combat Team and the Military Intelligence Service. The Congressional Gold Medal is the most prestigious award given to civilians in the United States for achievements and contributions. The medal was approved by Congress under Public Law 111–254 in 2010 to honor the Japanese Americans who had served in the war. It was collectively presented on November 2, 2011.
- Congressional Gold Medal
- Japanese-American service in World War II
- List of Congressional Gold Medal recipients
- "Congressional Gold Medal Presented to Nisei Soldiers of World War II". United States Mint. 2011-11-02. Retrieved 2020-05-30.
- "American Heroes | National Museum of American History". americanhistory.si.edu. Retrieved 2015-02-10.
- "Congressional Gold Medal Recipients | US House of Representatives: History, Art & Archives". history.house.gov. Retrieved 2015-02-10.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Nisei Soldiers of World War II Congressional Gold Medal; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.