The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Location in Friesland
|Established||1 January 2019|
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor (acting)||Haijo Apotheker (D66)|
|• Total||516.45 km2 (199.40 sq mi)|
|• Land||377.83 km2 (145.88 sq mi)|
|• Water||138.62 km2 (53.52 sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Parts of 9000, 9100, 9200 and 9800 range
|Area code||0511, 0518, 0519, 058, 0594|
Noardeast-Fryslân is a municipality of Friesland in the northern Netherlands. It was established 1 January 2019 and consists of the former municipalities of Dongeradeel, Ferwerderadiel and Kollumerland en Nieuwkruisland, all three of which dissolved on the same day.
The municipality is located in the province of Friesland on the Wadden Sea coast, in the north of the Netherlands. Noardeast-Fryslân is bordered by the municipalities of Waadhoeke, Ameland, Schiermonnikoog, Leeuwarden, Dantumadiel and the province of Groningen. The population in January 2019 was 45,181. It is Friesland's seventh-most populous municipality. The largest population centre (2018 population, 12,576) is Dokkum. The residents speak West Frisian, a Dutch Low Saxon dialect or Dutch.
Sources: Dongeradeel.nl, Ferwerderadiel and Kollumerland.
Public thinking and Public Service
- Frederick of Hallum (ca.1113 in Hallum - 1175) Premonstratensian priest and saint
- Gemma Frisius (1508 in Dokkum – 1555) a Dutch physician, mathematician, cartographer, philosopher and instrument maker
- Johannes Saeckma (1572 in Kollum – 1636) a Dutch Golden Age magistrate and judge
- Lieuwe van Aitzema (1600 in Dokkum – 1669) an historian, diplomat, bon viveur, libertine and spy 
- Johannes Phocylides Holwarda (1618 in Holwerd - 1651) a Frisian astronomer, physician, and philosopher
- Hans Willem van Aylva (ca.1633 in Holwerd - 1691) a soldier in the Dutch Raid on the Medway
- Balthasar Bekker (1634 in Metslawier - 1698) a minister and author about philosophy and theology
- Ulrik Huber (1636 in Dokkum – 1694) professor of law and a political philosopher
- Dooitze Eelkes Hinxt (ca.1741 in Bokkum – 1797) a Dutch navy officer in the Battle of Camperdown
- Gerardus Heymans (1857 in Ferwert – 1930) a Dutch philosopher, psychologist, a follower of psychic monism
- Sybren van Tuinen (1913–1993) a Dutch politician and public servant, Mayor of Dokkumm 1946 - 1970
- Piet Gros (born 1962 in Dokkum) a Dutch chemist and professor biomacromolecular crystallography
- Govert Dircksz Camphuysen (1624 in Dokkum - 1672) an animal painter
- brother & sister Jacob Folkema (1692 in Dokkum – 1767) & Anna Folkema (1695 in Dokkum – 1768) engravers
- Bernard Accama (1697 in Burum – 1756) a Dutch historical and portrait painter
- Nienke van Hichtum (1860 in Nes – 1939) a Frisian Dutch children's author
- Watse Cuperus (1891 in Blije – 1966) a Dutch journalist, writer and translator
- Meindert DeJong (1906 in Wierum - 1991) an American writer of children's books
- Sipke Jan Bousema (born 1976 in Dokkum) a Dutch presenter and actor 
- Lou Dijkstra (1909 in Paesens – 1964) a Dutch speed skater, competed in the 1936 Winter Olympics
- Klaas de Boer (born 1942 in Kollum) a retired U.S. soccer player and coach
- Jan Posthuma (born 1963 in Dokkum) a retired volleyball player, team silver medallist at the 1992 Summer Olympics and team gold medallist at the 1996 Summer Olympics
- "Gemeentelijke herindeling" [Municipal merger]. herindeling-noardeastfryslan.nl (in Dutch). Municipality Noardeast-Fryslân. Archived from the original on 28 September 2018. Retrieved 27 September 2018.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 1 January 2019. Retrieved 16 August 2019.
- "Noardeast-Fryslân nieuwe gemeentenaam DFK" [Noardeast-Fryslân new name municipality DFK]. kollumerland.nl (in Dutch). 30 March 2017. Archived from the original on 17 June 2018. Retrieved 27 September 2018.
- population decline Archived 2017-08-31 at the Wayback Machine (in Dutch), on rijksoverheid.nl
- aantal inwoners Archived 2017-10-21 at the Wayback Machine dongeradeel.nl Retrieved 27 September 2018.
- Wagenborg Passagiersdiensten public transportation Retrieved on 8 March 2018.
- Encyclopædia Britannica. 01 (11th ed.). 1911. .
- IMDb Database retrieved 11 March 2020
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Noardeast-Fryslân; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.