The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Northerns (cricket team)
Northerns (formerly North Eastern Transvaal and Northern Transvaal) has played first-class cricket in South Africa since December 1937. Its territory is the area north of Johannesburg, and it includes Pretoria.
- Currie Cup (0) - ; shared (0) -
- Standard Bank Cup (0) -
- South African Airways Provincial Three-Day Challenge (1) - 2005–06; shared (1) – 2014-15
- South African Airways Provincial One-Day Challenge (1) - 2005–06
Northerns was called North Eastern Transvaal from December 1937 until April 1971, when it became Northern Transvaal until April 1997. It removed "Transvaal" from its name after the Transvaal became Gauteng. The team has been part of the Titans cricket team from October 2004.
Under the name North Eastern Transvaal the team played 134 first-class matches, winning 40, losing 57 and drawing 37. Under the names North Eastern Transvaal and Northern Transvaal the team played 325 first-class matches, winning 81, losing 142 and drawing 102. Altogether, up till late January 2017, the team had played 509 first-class matches, winning 150, losing 179 and drawing 180.
Venues have included:
- Berea Park, Pretoria (Dec 1937 - Jan 1986; previously used by Transvaal)
- Olympia Park, Springs (occasional venue Dec 1937 - Nov 1994; used once by Easterns in 1994)
- Hosking Park, Brakpan (temporary venue March 1946 - Nov 1946)
- Willowmoore Park, Benoni (Jan 1948 - Nov 1968; previously used by Transvaal; Easterns venue from 1996 to present)
- Caledonian Stadium, Pretoria (Dec 1951 - Dec 1952)
- Loftus Versfeld, Pretoria (occasional venue Dec 1956 - Oct 1959)
- Pietersburg Cricket Club A Ground (four matches 1983 - 1985)
- SuperSport Park, Centurion (main venue Dec 1986–present)
- Technikon Oval, Pretoria (two matches 1992 - 2003)
- Irene Villagers Cricket Club Ground, Irene (Dec 2015)
- South African Cricket Annual – various editions
- Wisden Cricketers' Almanack – various editions
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Northerns (cricket team); it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.