The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Genre||Rock, pop, alternative, indie rock, dance, electronic, world|
|Dates||End of June / first week of July, Wednesday–Saturday (4 days)|
|Founded by||Alter Art|
The Open'er Festival is a music festival which takes place on the north coast of Poland, in Gdynia. It is one of the biggest annual music festivals in Poland. The first edition of the festival was organized in Warsaw in 2002 as Open Air Festival. Open’er Festival won the Best Major Festival prize at the European Festivals Awards ceremony in 2009, 2010 and 2019. The 2018 edition of Open'er was held from 4 to 7 July.
The first Open Air Festival was held in Tor Stegny in Warsaw in 2002, with The Chemical Brothers playing on the main stage. The festival then took place in Kościuszki Square in Gdynia from 2003 to 2005. The last festival in Kościuszki Square attracted over 50,000 people. Since 2006, the festival has taken place in Kosakowo Airport (Babie Doły Military Airport) in Gdynia.
Other artists who have played concerts at the Open'er Festival include Bruno Mars, Depeche Mode, Gorillaz, Arctic Monkeys, Radiohead, Foo Fighters, The Weeknd, Florence + The Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Coldplay, Pharrell Williams, Drake, Kasabian, Pearl Jam, Kings of Leon, Rihanna, Björk, Franz Ferdinand, The Kooks, Jay-Z, Massive Attack, Prince, Snoop Dogg, Pink, Fatboy Slim, The Prodigy, Muse, Queens of the Stone Age, The Strokes, Skunk Anansie, Erykah Badu and Travis Scott.
The main organizer of the festival is the concert agency Alter Art. In 2016, there were 5 stages: Orange Main, Alter, Beat, Firestone and Tent. There are also other smaller stages run by sponsors and vendors. Artists also performed in the Silent Disco Area and at the seaside of Gdynia on Gdynia Open Stage, where events are free to attend.
- Photos section in the official website (festival editions 2004–2006)
- Flickr: Photos tagged with "opener" and "festival"
- Alex's photos of Open'er Festival 2007
- photos of Open'er Festival 2006 at clubbing.waw.pl
- Piotr's photos of Open'er Festival 2006
- Golik's photos of Open'er Festival 2006 day 1
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Open'er Festival; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.