The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Organization of Iranian People's Fedaian (Majority)
|Chair of the Political and Executive Committee||Behruz Khaligh|
|Founded||June 1980 (1980-06)|
|Split from||Organization of Iranian People's Fedai Guerrillas|
|National affiliation||Union of People's Fedaian of Iran|
The Organization of Iranian People's Fadaian (Majority) (Persian: سازمان فدائیان خلق ایران (اکثریت), romanized: Sāzmān-e fedaiyān-e khalq-e Irān (aksariat); lit. Organization of self-sacrificers of the people of Iran) is an Iranian left-wing opposition political party in exile. The OIPFM advocates for an Iranian secular republic and the overthrow the current Islamic Republic of Iran government.
An ofshoot of the Organization of Iranian People's Fedai Guerrillas, it was consedered the largest communist organization of Iran from 1980 to 1991. The party currently holds Social democratic views.
During the period of 1981–83, OIPFM was principally supportive of the Islamic government's policies in various aspects, including the conflict with Iraq, anti-American positions, and certain aspects of their economic reforms; however they were not legally permitted to pursue activities. During these years, several of its members received death sentences and hundreds were imprisoned. In 1983 most of the group's members fled abroad.
On 23 October 2007, the OIPFM held an official meeting with European representatives in the European Parliament and then, both in October 2009 and in July 2010, it held a joint meeting with four other Iranian parties with a European delegation in Brussels. In 2016, it united with another Iranian Left Party called the Union of People's Fedaian of Iran.
- Hiro, Dilip (2013). "Fedai Khalq". A Comprehensive Dictionary of the Middle East. Interlink Publishing. pp. 483–9. ISBN 9781623710330.
- Canada: Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada, Iran: Information on the Organization of Iranian People's Fedaian (Majority) (OIPFM), its activities and treatment of its members and supporters by government authorities, 24 September 2003, IRN42015.E, available at: http://www.refworld.org/docid/403dd1fa8.html [accessed 10 May 2018]
- Kazemzadeh, Masoud (2008). "Opposition groups". In Kamrava, Mehran; Dorraj, Manochehr (eds.). Iran Today: An Encyclopedia of Life in the Islamic Republic. 2. Greenwood Press. p. 366. ISBN 978-0-313-34161-8.
- Vahabzadeh, Peyman (28 March 2016) [7 December 2015]. "FADĀʾIĀN-E ḴALQ". In Yarshater, Ehsan (ed.). Encyclopædia Iranica. Bibliotheca Persica Press. Retrieved 1 August 2016.
- "The Union Of People's Fedaian Of Iran". Retrieved 7 May 2016.
- Tudeh Party
- "kar-online - کار آنلاین". kar-online - کار آنلاین. Retrieved 7 May 2016.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Organization of Iranian People's Fedaian (Majority); it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.