The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Hernández, in 2007
|Born|| (1958-02-11) 11 February 1958
|2006–2008||Spain national team|
|Career highlights and awards|
José Vicente "Pepu" Hernández Fernández (born 11 February 1958) is a professional basketball coach. Between 2006 and June 2008, he was the head coach of the Spanish national basketball team, with whom he won the gold medal at the 2006 FIBA World Championship, and the silver medal at the EuroBasket 2007.
Spanish National Team
- FIBA Korać Cup runner-up: 1999
- Copa del Rey winner: 2000
- Liga ACB runner-up: 2004
- AEEB Spanish Coach of the Year: 2004
On 30 January 2019, it was announced that Hernández would run in the Spanish Socialist Worker's Party's primary election to select the party challenger to become Mayor of Madrid (vis-à-vis the 2019 Madrid City Council election), facing Manuel de la Rocha and Chema Dávila as rivals.
- Game Report, Spain vs Greece, 64-47
- "Sánchez elige a Pepu Hernández como candidato del PSOE al Ayuntamiento de Madrid" (in Spanish). El País. 29 January 2019.
- Montero, Sara (2 February 2019). "Pepu Hernández, Manuel de la Rocha y Chema Dávila: tres hombres y unas primarias". Cuarto Poder.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Pepu Hernández; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.