The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Hernández, in 2007
|Born|| (1958-02-11) 11 February 1958
|Career highlights and awards|
|As head coach|
José Vicente "Pepu" Hernández Fernández (born 11 February 1958) is a Spanish former professional basketball coach.
Club coaching career
National team coaching career
Between 2006 and June 2008, Hernández was the head coach of the senior Spanish national basketball team, with whom he won the gold medal at the 2006 FIBA World Championship, and the silver medal at the EuroBasket 2007.
Awards and accomplishments
- FIBA Korać Cup runner-up: 1999
- Spanish Cup winner: 2000
- Spanish League runner-up: 2004
- AEEB Spanish Coach of the Year: 2004
Spanish senior national team
On 30 January 2019, it was announced that Hernández would run in the Spanish Socialist Worker's Party's primary election to select the party challenger to become Mayor of Madrid (vis-à-vis the 2019 Madrid City Council election), facing Manuel de la Rocha and Chema Dávila as rivals.
- Game Report, Spain vs Greece, 64-47
- "Sánchez elige a Pepu Hernández como candidato del PSOE al Ayuntamiento de Madrid" (in Spanish). El País. 29 January 2019.
- Montero, Sara (2 February 2019). "Pepu Hernández, Manuel de la Rocha y Chema Dávila: tres hombres y unas primarias". Cuarto Poder.
- Spanish League Coach Profile (in Spanish)
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Pepu Hernández; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.