The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|• Total||3.940 sq mi (10.20 km2)|
|• Land||3.940 sq mi (10.20 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,355 ft (413 m)|
|• Density||150/sq mi (57/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1297261|
Petros (pronounced pee-tross) is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) in Morgan County, Tennessee, United States, located on State Route 116. Its population was 583 as of the 2010 census. Petros does have its own post office, with the ZIP code 37845.
Petros is historically a coal mining town and is also the home of (the now closed) Brushy Mountain State Penitentiary. Some of the town and coal mine scenes for the movie October Sky were filmed there.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- United States Postal Service (2012). "USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code". Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- "Bowman". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Petros, Tennessee; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.