The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Philippa Mary Pearce is a senior conservator at the British Museum. She is particularly known for her work on coin hoards found in England and was awarded an MBE for services to metal conservation in 2018. She has worked on most of the coin hoards found in recent years as part of the Treasure process.
Pearce has led conservation work on many of the most famous coin hoards of recent years, including the Watlington Hoard, Tetbury Hoard, Yeovil Roman Hoard, Lenborough Hoard, and Seaton Down Hoard. Most famously, she has worked on the Frome Hoard.
Due to the large number of coin hoards discovered needing preliminary conservation at the British Museum, Pearce has changed metal conservation processes in order to manage the large volume of coins, particularly Roman coins.
Pearce is the conservator for excavations at Sidon conducted by the British Museum and the Lebanese Department of Antiquities. She works as a small finds and site conservator on a number of excavations including the sites of Kamenica, Butrint, and Apollonia in Albania, and the sites of Kawa and the Northern Dongala Reach in Sudan.
- "We do it indoors and sitting down, but still call it archaeology – unravelling and recording blocklifted hoards" in Encounters, Excavations and Argosies: Essays for Richard Hodges eds John Mitchell, John Moreland and Bea Leal (Archaeopress 2017) 236-9
- "Practicable Solutions’ in Festschrift for Prof Korkuti: New Directions in Albanian Archaeology eds L. Bejko and R. Hodges, International Centre for Albanian archaeology (Monograph Series No.1, Tirana, 2006) 356-367
- "Pippa Pearce". British Museum. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- "Philippa PEARCE". www.thegazette.co.uk. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- "Watlington Hoard Unveiled at British Museum - Gainesville Coins News". blog.gainesvillecoins.com. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- "Record ID: GLO-BE8848 - ROMAN coin hoard". The Portable Antiquities Scheme. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- "2016 - pg191-192 - Yeovil Roman Coin Hoard - Yeovil Archaeological and Local History Society". Yeovil Archaeological and Local History Society. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- AFP. "Man with metal detector finds one of Britain's largest hoard of buried treasure... hopes to buy new house". TheJournal.ie. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- "Largest hoard of Anglo-Saxon coins found in recent years displayed". The Independent. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- "New Details on the Seaton Down Hoard". The Archaeology Hour Podcast Blog. 2015-02-19. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- "Frome Hoard - Current Archaeology". Current Archaeology. 2010-10-08. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- "Coins from Frome" (PDF). Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "ANCIENT HOARDS". The Numismatic Chronicle. 171: 407–424. 2011. JSTOR 42667242.
- "The work of the Ceramics, Glass and Metals conservators at the British Museum". Day of Archaeology. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- User, Super. "Team members". www.sidonexcavation.com. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- Richard Hodges & Anna Paterlini (1 July 2014). "A Short History of the Butrint Foundation's Conservation Programme at Butrint, Albania: 1994–2012". Conservation and Management of Archaeological Sites. 15:3-4 (3–4): 254–280. doi:10.1179/1350503314Z.00000000060. S2CID 111334326.
- "Coins from Butrint: Numismatic research on archaeological excavation". British Museum. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- "Contents" (PDF). Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Pippa Pearce; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.