The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Revenue||€7.4 billion (2017-18)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Investor consortium of:
* X+Bricks AG
* Sistema Capital Partners
Real (stylized real and real,- until 2017) is a chain of hypermarkets in Germany, until 2020 owned by Metro AG. It was formed in 1992, from the merger of chains divi, Basar, Continent, Esbella and real-kauf. Until 2014 it was also active globally, in Poland, Romania, Russia, Ukraine and Turkey; most of these operations were bought by French retail company Auchan Group.
In September 2018, Metro AG announced the split from Real and sale of all hypermarkets, and in February 2020, Real was sold to the German-Russian consortium of X+Bricks AG and SCP Group, part of Sistema group.
As well as food, Real also offers a wide assortment of household goods, electrical appliances, books, media, textiles and footwear (sports and regular footwear are concessions owned by Hamm Market Solutions GmbH & Co KG, based in Osnabruck, Germany), sports goods, and stationery. In addition to branded products, several store brands are offered including discount label TiP (Toll im Preis - Great Price), mid-price real Quality, premium brand realSelection, real Bio organic products and Watson consumer electronics.
- World's Biggest Retailer Wal-Mart Closes Up Shop in Germany
- EU Oks Metro to Buy Polish Retailer Geant Polska
- "Metro sells some hypermarket operations to Auchan". Reuters. November 2012.
- Hurriyet Daily News (2014). "Metro sells Real stores in Turkey".
- "Real geht an deutsch-russisches Konsortium: In einer Filiale erleben wir eine Überraschung". chip.de. 18 February 2020.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Real (hypermarket); it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.