The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Studio album by|
|Released||May 8, 2007|
Recado is the fourth album by singer-songwriter Vince Bell. It was released on May 8, 2007. According to Bell: "Recado is a collection of messages that wind like a long dirt road through the years of my writing. There's the first song I wrote after moving to Austin, written on a whore-house piano that writer-friendly Strait Music sold me for 150 bucks—delivered. There's one about taking chances in Berkeley while I collaborated with Bob Neuwirth on my first album, Phoenix. Two are from the high desert south of Santa Fe, New Mexico where you can see for a hundred miles. I also chose a masterful one from Townes. Altogether they portray at least a couple of lifetimes of lyric like I like it, with music that says the same thing."
- "Give Chance a Chance"
- "Where the Late Night Crowd Is Led"
- "Ranch Land"
- "Done That Too"
- "Labor of Love"
- "Mr. Mudd and Mr. Gold"
- "Even Cowboys Get the Blues"
- "Goodnight Lullaby"
- "Isla," "Ranch Land," "Done That Too," "Gypsy": Vince Bell, Vince Bell Publishing (SESAC), administered by Bug Music
- "Give Chance a Chance," "Caribbe": Vince Bell, Bug Music (BMI)/Vince Bell Publishing (SESAC), administered by Bug Music
- "Where the Late Night Crowd is Led," "Labor of Love," "Even Cowboys Get the Blues," "Goodnight Lullaby": Vince Bell, Bug Music (BMI)/Black Coffee Music (BMI), administered by Bug Music
- "Mr. Mudd and Mr. Gold": Townes Van Zandt, TVZ Music (ASCAP)/Katie Belle Music (ASCAP)/Will Van Zandt Publishing (ASCAP), administered by Bug Music
- Because "message," the English translation of the album's title, appeared on the back cover of the CD, the album was sometimes mistakenly identified in reviews as Message.
- Vince Bell -Pawless v2 model mesquite dreadnought acoustic guitar and vocals
- Bill Browder – piano and acoustic guitar
- Cam King – electric guitar, electric bass, keyboards, autoharp, harmonica, percussion
- Freddie Steady Krc – percussion
- Tammy Rogers – fiddle and mandolin
- Michael Woody – mandolin
- Producer: Cam King
- Executive producers: Sarah Wrightson and Vince Bell
- Mixing and mastering: Cam "El Mixador" King and Layton DePenning at Elmo's Lab, Manchaca, Texas
- Recording locations: The Real Deal, Santa Fe, New Mexico; DynaMike Studios, Nashville, Tennessee; Bowie Street Recorders, Fredericksburg, Texas; Elmo's Lab, Manchaca, Texas; SteadyGo Recording, Austin, Texas
- Vince Bell official site
- Vince Bell's MySpace page
- Daryn Kagan profiles Vince Bell
- Vince Bell's artist bio at the H.A.A.M. (Houston Association of Acoustic Musicians) website
- “Introducing the Vince Bell "Handmade Hardtop Acoustic Dreadnaught Line”: lutier Vince Pawless describes custom-making a guitar for Vince Bell
- Elmo's Lab Recording Studio
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Recado; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.