The image is from Wikipedia Commons
|Parent company||Sony Music Entertainment|
|Founder||Michael Blanton, Dan Harrell|
|Genre||Contemporary Christian, pop rock|
|Country of origin||United States|
Reunion Records is a contemporary Christian record label based in Brentwood, Tennessee, U.S., that operates under the Provident Label Group. The label was founded in 1982 by Dan Harrell and Mike Blanton.
The label was formed by Amy Grant's managers (with Harrell being her brother-in-law), with the label's original intent to give new artist Kathy Troccoli a home after being rejected by the major labels at the time. Troccoli, Michael W. Smith, and Rich Mullins were the label's first three artists.
In 1990 they signed a new distribution deal with Geffen Records. In 1992 50% of Reunion Records was sold to BMG and by 1995 the other half was also acquired by BMG. For a time following the BMG acquisition they distributed through RCA Records. From 1995 until 1996, it was part of Arista Records (a BMG company). In October 1996 the label was sold to Zomba Records. Through eventual consolidation, it is now part of Sony Music Entertainment.
The roster of artists, updated March 11, 2016:
- 1GN (in active)
- Austin Adamec (active)
- All Star United (active, with Double Happiness/Fierce UK)
- Anthem Lights (active, independent)
- The Archers (inactive)
- The Awakening (disbanded)
- Matt Brouwer (active, with Black Shoe Records)
- Building 429 (active, with 3rd Wave Music)
- Gary Chapman (inactive)
- Ashley Cleveland (active)
- Rick Cua (inactive)
- Chynna & Vaughan (active)
- Elim Hall (inactive)
- Kim Hill (active, with 33rd Street Records)
- Jake (hiatus)
- Michael James (inactive)
- Michael Peace (inactive)
- Wes King (inactive)
- Ana Laura (active, with Integrity Latin)
- Leeland (active, with Essential Records)
- Brian Littrell (active)
- Reneé Garcia (active)
- Prism (inactive)
- Michael W. Smith (currently on Rocketown Records)
- Lindsay McCaul (active, with Centricity)
- Mike-E (active, with WENDEMÉ CREATIVE)
- Rich Mullins (deceased)
- Jill Paquette (active)
- Kerrie Roberts (currently independent)
- SHINEmk (disbanded)
- Billy Sprague (inactive)
- Phil Stacey (active)
- The Prayer Chain (inactive)
- Third Day (disbanded, had moved to Essential Records)
- Kathy Troccoli (active, with KT Records)
- Joy Williams (currently independent)
- Recess (inactive)
- Price, Deborah Evans (1996-10-19). "Arista Nashville's Reunion Records purchased by the Zomba Group". Billboard Magazine. 108 (42): 10.
- Holley, Debbie (1993-01-16). "BMG buys into Blanton/Harrell, Reunion Records". Billboard Magazine. 105 (3): 10.
- "BMG ENTERTAINMENT AND BMG MUSIC PUBLISHING ACQUIRE REUNION RECORDS AND REUNION MUSIC". PR Newswire. 1995-04-26. pp. 426CH012.
- Price, Deborah Evans (2003-12-05). "Christian music vets form BHT Label". Billboard Bulletin.
- "Artists roster". Archived from the original on October 18, 2010. Retrieved April 16, 2012.
- "Music News, November 2010: REBECCA ST. JAMES PARTNERS WITH PROVIDENT LABEL GROUP". Jesusfreakhideout.com. 2010-11-18. Retrieved 2011-10-09.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Reunion Records; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.