The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Rock Cartwright during his tenure with the Redskins.
|No. 40, 31, 25, 28|
|Born:|| (1979-12-03) December 3, 1979
|Height:||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight:||215 lb (98 kg)|
|High school:||Conroe (TX)|
|NFL Draft:||2002 / Round: 7 / Pick: 257|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
Roderick Rashaun Cartwright (born December 3, 1979) is a former American football running back in the National Football League (NFL). He was named Offensive Quality Control coach of the Cleveland Browns in February 2016. He was drafted by the Washington Redskins in the seventh round of the 2002 NFL Draft. He played college football at Kansas State. Cartwright was also a member of the Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers.
Cartwright attended Conroe High School in Conroe, Texas, and lettered in football, track and field, and baseball. During his senior year, Cartwright rushed for 2,060 yards and was named a Parade All-American.
Cartwright was drafted in the seventh round of the 2002 NFL Draft by the Redskins. In 2006, he broke the Redskins' single-season kickoff return yards record with 64 returns for 1,541 yards - a record which had been previously held by Brian Mitchell since 1994. He also received his first kickoff return for a touchdown in 2006 against the Dallas Cowboys. In 2007, he was ranked second in the NFC in kickoff returns. He was released on March 4, 2010.
Cartwright signed with the Oakland Raiders on April 26, 2010.
San Francisco 49ers
Cartwright was signed as an offensive quality control coach of the Cleveland Browns in 2016.
- "Players". NFLPlayers.com. Retrieved September 7, 2010.
- "Redskins release Rock Cartwright | ProFootballTalk.com". Profootballtalk.nbcsports.com. March 4, 2010. Retrieved September 7, 2010.
- Cartwright coming across the Bay to fill 49ers' voids
- "Browns adding ex-NFL RB Rock Cartwright to staff". Profootballtalk.nbcsports.com. Retrieved February 8, 2016.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Rock Cartwright; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.