The image is from Wikipedia Commons
Ross Greenberg at Chelsey Park Health and Rehab. (August 2016)
|Born||(1956-09-16)September 16, 1956
|Died||February 16, 2017(2017-02-16) (aged 60)
|Known for||antivirus pioneer|
Ross Matthew Greenberg (September 16, 1956 – February 16, 2017) was an American software developer, noted for creating one of the first antivirus software products. He also worked in journalism, and was a founding member of the Internet Press Guild.
Health issues and death
In late 2009, after his condition became too challenging for his family to care for him, Greenberg moved to a nursing home near Atlanta, Georgia. He later moved to a nursing home in Forsyth, Georgia. In August 2015, he was moved to Chelsey Park Health and Rehabilitation Center, Dahlonega, Georgia, where he died after contracting pneumonia, in February 2017.
- Yevics, Patricia A. "Flu Shot for Computer Viruses". Americanbar.org.
- Strom, David (April 1, 2010). "How friends help friends on the Internet: The Ross Greenberg Story". Wordpress.com.
- "Anti-virus is 30 years old". Spgedwards.com. April 2012.
- Inc, Ziff Davis (June 28, 1988). "PC Mag". Ziff Davis, Inc. Retrieved August 9, 2017 – via Google Books.
- Grimes, Roger A. (June 1, 2001). Malicious Mobile Code: Virus Protection for Windows. O'Reilly Media, Inc. p. 522. ISBN 9781565926820.
- Inc, Ziff Davis (October 31, 1988). "PC Mag". Ziff Davis, Inc. Retrieved August 9, 2017 – via Google Books.
- "Ross M. Greenberg :: IPG". Netpress.org. Retrieved August 9, 2017.
- "Google Groups". Groups.google.com. Retrieved August 9, 2017.
- Koweek, Toni G. (2017), Obituary—Ross Matthew Greenberg
- "Ross Greenberg - Google+". Plus.google.com. Retrieved August 9, 2017.
- "A Statement of Gratitude :: IPG". Netpress.org. Retrieved August 9, 2017.
- "Obituary for Ross Greenberg - Dahlonega, GA". Dahlonegafuneralhome.com. Retrieved August 9, 2017.
- This page is based on the Wikipedia article Ross Greenberg; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.